towing an auto car

Dane

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing no RACV. Your cars 12ish years old, bound to have the occasional problem. Why not join up to make life a little easier - especially if you rely on it a bit. I'm pretty sure you could get it towed for free tonight if you had.

BTW just out of curiosity what's the problem with it? I had a 98 vt wagon for a while. Loved it to death and may grab myself a vy wagon soon.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I'm guessing no RACV. Your cars 12ish years old, bound to have the occasional problem. Why not join up to make life a little easier - especially if you rely on it a bit. I'm pretty sure you could get it towed for free tonight if you had.

BTW just out of curiosity what's the problem with it? I had a 98 vt wagon for a while. Loved it to death and may grab myself a vy wagon soon.
nah im with RACV but its something to do with, they only help if you physically break down on the road, i called up to try that.

my damage was self inflicted.

my cars super noisey, and narrowed it down to the tensioner pully, the two other pulleys, and the aircon. like im talking NOISEY sounds like a truck, from a km away. my neighbours complain when i get home late, and no one watns to go on long journeys in my car hahah

Im pretty mechanicaly minded.. so went on to the easy job of changing pulleys.. first problem the first bolt i undid was a reverse thread i had looked at it, worked out what way the belt went, and figured it was a normal.... had a 2 foot lever bar on it and completly striped the housing out... easy fix id just bolt through it, instead of into it.

second problem, one of the pulleys bolts was already compeltly rounded, like not one bit of thread.

third problem, third pulley, bolt come out easy. wen tot pull of the pulley just with hand, and it sheared of the whole stud....

4th problem, the aircon wasnt the front bearing which we coudl have changed, but it was something inside.

final problem, when we were trying to jimmy up a belt to just run water pump, steering, alternatoer etc, i was tensioning the pulley (with a screwdriver, as the reason why its a reverse thread is so you can put a spanner ont he bolt to pull it down) and a the spring housing on the tensioer arm caompletly sheared of the block.

lucky all parts are replaceable, i towed it to the mechanic last night.

350 bucks total, inc a whole new aircon unit.

wow that was a massive post!