Track Rage

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
I did think that he should have gone left & passed then or he could have just waited rather than bug the bloke to the end of the track.

I will do that on Skyline at Stromlo, pull up at the bridge & look at the veiw :)
Agreed. Problem solved.

If you ask someone a couple of times to let you pass and they won't then they're most likely a nutter. Just stop and let them go.

99% of the time people will let you past.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Okay so they're both tools. Vid rider should have hung back and chilled for a minute, seen that the guy was being such a knob and obviously was not gonna let him past. Nevertheless I hope the cops catch and press charges against the agro jerk. No excuse for that kind of thing.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ha! It looks to me like the smart arse doing all the talking got his arse handed to him. He should've backed off and let the guy go.

Last edited:

gbear

Likes Bikes
would it have killed him to make some small talk like:

hey mate hows things, what a great day for a ride, having fun etc.

would you mind if i just slipped past you - or something?

Fair enough the guy shouldnt have flipped out at the end, but still nonetheless i probably would have given the smartass a serve for simply being rude.

physical violence is never the answer.

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha Dozer, the guy behind wants to be a smart ass should learn how to throw them back. Cops wont give a shit, i seen people get knocked out left, right and centre on the footy field without cops ever comming why would they care about a little moutain scuffle

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
would it have killed him to make some small talk like:

hey mate hows things, what a great day for a ride, having fun etc.

would you mind if i just slipped past you - or something?

Fair enough the guy shouldnt have flipped out at the end, but still nonetheless i probably would have given the smartass a serve for simply being rude.

physical violence is never the answer.
on the money there gbear- Its like the drivers who claim road rage is outta control, and they've had 2 instances of people swerving and being angry at them in the last years - get a friggin mirror!!! 2 dickheads, one camera,

akashra

Eats Squid
Okay so they're both tools. Vid rider should have hung back and chilled for a minute, seen that the guy was being such a knob and obviously was not gonna let him past. Nevertheless I hope the cops catch and press charges against the agro jerk. No excuse for that kind of thing.
Ha! It looks to me like the smart arse doing all the talking got his arse handed to him. He should've backed off and let the guy go.
^^ This.
There's no excuse for violence, but there's too many idiots out on public trails who think they can treat them like their own personal race track. Someone out there is slower than you? Tough. Learn to enjoy riding without needing to be on the edge of your limits. It's usually these same idiots who refuse to yield for a climbing rider. Cressy Climb anyone?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
I think both parties acted wrong. In all fairness "do you want me to run you off the track instead" is not exactly supporting "trail courtesy" either.
I don't get why people get so angry, big deal, someones holding you up on "one" run, the world isn't going to end, I think some people need to step off their high horse a little bit and put things into perspective. Who cares if someone is slowing you down on one run, it isn't the last run you're ever going to take, settle down. I think the rider instigated the shit storm, I agree with Dozer, he deserved a mouthful back for his poor behavior.

Having said that, Mr Vintage Rock Shox shouldn't have acted like that at all, telling him to fuck off is fine, but resorting to violence is a sure way to ensure karma is going to snap the cables on his retro caliper brakes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Having said that, Mr Vintage Rock Shox shouldn't have acted like that at all, telling him to fuck off is fine, but resorting to violence is a sure way to ensure karma is going to snap the cables on his retro caliper brakes.
You still don't see any violence though, that is one of my points. It is all covered up and covered really well. If I had some dude trying to beat me up I wouldn't be covering my camera with one hand, I'd be punching on! The footage would be outstanding!
I reckon it is a gee up.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
LOL - just watched it again, and I think i've decided the guy in the retro RS shirt was in the right - camera man was a complete and utter tosser. FWIW, he covers the camera with his own hand after telling the guy, 'you assualted me and its all on video' - then the assailant says something unintelligible and comes back at which point camera guy grabs his own camera. I think he said something like, right i'll have it then.....

camera guy is the sort of bloke found in A&E depts in hospitals across the globe on saturday nights - they dont know when its time to shut their mouth