Track Rollers

RCOH

Eats Squid
I have been using them a bit as a warm up tool before hitting the velodrome & really quite enjoy it. As my work hours are about to change I won't be able to go to the velodrome as often so I am looking to buy a set for use in the garage as a bit of a training tool.

There is THIS available on ebay. Do you think it would do for basic spinning/warm up work & light to medium training?

Or do you think it would be better to get a resistance trainer. Keep in mind I have no bike with gears or freewheels.

Pete J

loves his dog
That stabilising bar thing is interesting, it makes me wonder what it actually would feel like to ride those rollers. However i don't think i would actually buy that set myself...
I have two sets, one happens to be an older TACX that features plastic rollers and the other set is a Russian track trainer with aluminium rollers. Seeing as the TACX were secondhand when i bought them, i have found out their inherent weakness, the rollers don't last anywhere near as long. All 3 rollers have cracks emanating from the axles that mean that their lifespan is very limited and i no longer use them anymore.
The Russian set though are bombproof and solid throughout, the only problem i foresee is the rubber band wearing out, which is a problem with any type anyway.
My 2 cents...

edit: i reckon stay with rollers but maybe look for something without plastic drums.

Last edited:

bdstorer

Likes Dirt
There is THIS available on ebay
NO! Don't use a brace! We used front fork braces for our roller derby.. the brace puts alot of pressure on the forks.. (add pissed singlespeeders and you can imagine the result).. but yes rollers are awesome for winter indoor training.. just leave the brace alone..

RCOH

Eats Squid
I don't want the fork brace - I am confident using rollers - but didn't know how plastic drums were quality wise. I guess I will hunt for some aluminium ones - cheers peeps!

Pete J

loves his dog
Finally got around to taking some pics of my rollers, so here they are:

Made in Russia by a brand i can't even pronounce!