Tracks In Nelson Bay Area

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys anyway i am most likely to be going down to Corlette(Nelson Bay Basically) in a few weeks I just wanted to know of any tracks that i'm able to ride there

cheers
Lefty

hypo

Likes Dirt
What sort of riding you looking for ? If you head a bit further south to Newcastle I can show you some good xc single trail or maybe some DH depending what ya up for

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well anything really dh xc what ever
only problem is i won't be able to drive anywhere
it really has to be in riding distance

thanks Anyway mate

cheers

Refreshinglygood

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nothing out at Nelson bay. It's basically a sand peninsula. If you have a pugsley (or similar fat tyred bike) you'll have a great time. but no, no mtbing out there of any worth. Take the road bike or jump in the car and head into glenrock.

Switch

huskier headed gent
As said the riding is fairly average, there used to be a short little downhill (500m long) off Diemars Rd in Soldiers Point opposite the quary. You can ride XC on the dirt roads in Tomaree National Park between Fingal and Boat Harbour. It has been a few years since I lived in the area so things may well have changed. Generally when you are in the area just look for a hill and chances are there will be walking tracks on it somewhere to go for a spin. The area is not really very large so everything is in riding distance. There used to be some tracks in the rocks between Box and Zenith beaches as well. Break out Google earth and have a search then best bet is to just go exploring. Hope that helps a little.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
As said the riding is fairly average, there used to be a short little downhill (500m long) off Diemars Rd in Soldiers Point opposite the quary.
I can tell you Council pulled that one down. A thread here about it, but it pissed a lot of people off at Council.

That particular bit of land has a very high habitat value for a few species facing local extinction.

My call is stay off it.

scarman

Cannon Fodder
I have been riding the fire trail behind the poly clinic. Abit boring but at least its not on the road

pi11wizard

Likes Dirt
Is there still an interesting little descent off the back of Gan Gan? You have to climb up the hill first but my memory is that it was a fun little trail to follow. Mind you, it has probably been 12 years since I did it..... :(