Trail adoption program at Lysterfield

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
They should put in some donation boxes like You Yangs, so riders can bung a few coins in when there.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Well how about that.
I've never seen it.

In that case I guess YY style donation boxes would be a good idea. :)

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I love it

Trail adoption is great idea for an area like Lysty. Take some pressure off LTRDRAmTB team. I would still like to see Trailmix take leadership and be the central entity for the Mtb trails- caretaker as such- it just makes sense. Or will LDMTBTR team continue to take the lead?

So if a trail is falling apart and needs some work it would be the Trail Owner's responsibility to maintain? If they have their name/ brand on it then it should be in tip top shape.

How would each trail be costed? Would all funds go to trail work (and signage)

I am a big fan of a user pays system and happy to pay to ride if funds go to the trails.

Good work Parks and Lysty- we are all watching with great interest and support.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't even try it :)

There are several hidden cameras, and rumours of deadly booby-traps.......
I'd never do that. I want to put something similar in at our track but there are a fair amount of drop-kicks who travel past our trail head and the likelihood of it getting damaged or stolen. That is a fantastic design though.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'd never do that. I want to put something similar in at our track but there are a fair amount of drop-kicks who travel past our trail head and the likelihood of it getting damaged or stolen. That is a fantastic design though.
Try and get in touch with Trav via the You Yangs FB page. He be the one to talk to re the design. I think it may be sunk a metre or so into the ground, set in concrete.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I wonder if TrailMix will get on board with this.... Seeing as they are right in the park they should be all over it.

danncam

Likes Dirt
I think offering "naming rights"or sponsorship rights to businesses could be one way to keep funding trail works. Some of us spend shitloads on unobtanium carbon fibred treadlies, why not get a bank to throw teh MTB clubs some money to allow them to greenwash their name a bit. We could be riding teh ANZ Hug trail, the Commonwealth Blair Witch or the Westpac Follow me.