Trail Work on Saturday 19th Feb.2011

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Ok Kiddies,
Just like the big push at the end of all those war movies, the CCOMTB trail crew will be picking themselves up out of the mud, grinting their teeth, summering all the courage and determination they have left and....... put in the new starting ramp and finish the 4 new jumps at the top. There will be a Bobcat there and bring your shovels, etc.
Meeting at 8am at the trail head. Working on thru the day.
Don't bother asking where the new jumps are - come out and see for yourself - help out and have a ride.
If you are riding you will be sent down the fire road until Turtle rock, so just keep an eye out.
Adrian.

Last edited:

BKelly

teh fast
Ok Kiddies,
Just like the big push at the end of all those war movies, the CCOMTB trail crew will be picking themselves up out of the mud, grinting their teeth, summering all the courage and determination they have left and....... put in the new starting ramp and finish the 4 new jumps at the top. There will be a Bobcat there and bring your shovels, etc.
Meeting at 8am at the trail head. Working on thru the day.
Don't bother asking where the new jumps are - come out and see for yourself - help out and have a ride.
Adrian.
Nice one Adrian, really looking forward to this build day! can't wait to get these new changes in, gonna be sweet!

Hope some of you can make it to lend a hand and to test ride the new stuff as the more hands we get to help the better it will be.

This will be the last build day before the first club round in a few weeks so if you haven't been able to make a build day this year now's your chance to help the club out and check out the changes before the first round.

See ya there!
BK

nathanC

Likes Bikes
cheers brad and adrian for another good day of track work , you guys are machines .
I havn't been able to get down to build for a while and it was good to be back .
start ramp is good to ride , just neads the handrail put on and a few screws in the up ramp to keep the timber slats on.
big thanks to everyone that turned up to help today :D:D:D
& big thanks to kim for getting the timber

Last edited:

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Inspiring.....

Pure awesomeness is the only way to describe what an effort was put into the build day on Saturday. SLedger had the Starting Platform crew humming and got a fantastic start ramp in with the handrail going in next week. Cowlo welded his heart out and big thanks to Kym for the materials. Even the Presidents Dad got his Hands dirty. Jimmy was one of the usaul suspects and another "builder" who I didn't get his name put his tools and know-how to the job.
The jumps are almost finished with two 8 meter jumps one doule with a B-line around it and one of the two table tops are in and you can build your jumping skills up on.Thanks to all the working crew top and bottom for such a successful day. Brian the BOBCAT operator should get a special mention for great work with a good understanding of what we wanted to build.
As with all the building work we do, there is necessary tweaking and modification to do so constructive critisim is encouraged to myself, BK or Sledger the Pres.
Adrian.

fairy1

Banned
Pure awesomeness
another "builder" who I didn't get his name put his tools and know-how to the job.

Adrian.
That was another Jimmy and his offsider Darren(Strathy), without them we would have been there for a long long time.
Any photos?

F1234K

Likes Dirt
As with all the building work we do, there is necessary tweaking and modification to do so constructive critisim is encouraged to myself, BK or Sledger the Pres.
Adrian.
Firstly, great job on the track! I've been riding there on and off over the last few years and it is a lot more flowy and fun with lots of interesting things to do on the way down.

Some constructive criticism (hopefully):
The first 8m double is a bit sketch. I know it's A-line and all that, but if you don't get it just right then there can be some serious consequences with those 2 trees that are practically on the run out of the lander. No one wants to see those trees removed, but maybe a bit of a flat case safety at the back of the lander (about half a bike length) and not such a steep lander which is slightly cambered to the right to push you away from the trees?
My biggest concern is if you 50/50 it you will get bucked over and straight into those trees. And you are flying coming into it to make the gap.

The lander on the 10m seems a bit steep too. Not so much of an issue, just seems odd to have such a steep lander on so long a jump.

Only other thing that got me was just past halfway on the track. You guys did a great job straightening the entry back into the trees after the fire-road so it's much easier to keep you speed up, but after the first 2 gaps there is a slight uphill and then 2 more gaps. The uphill sucks your speed quite a lot and to make those second 2 gaps you have to non-stop pedal uphill and crank it hard. Seems to me it would be better to let that section flow some more (to get some speed back from the uphill) after all the hard work of pedaling into it to make the first 2 gaps. I know I am puffing hard at that point and can hardly be bothered trying to pedal uphill to make those 2 gaps.

Everything else works really well and I LOOOOVE the new way the last 3rd of the track flows. Techy, fast, jumps, everything! Love it!

FINX74

Likes Dirt
Thanks F1234K.

Thanks for the good feedback. We plan to tweak the 8m double as you suggested with the B line next to it having a "roller" that you can pump to gain more speed off it - hence making the lander wider and cambering it to the right. The Bobcat should be there next weekend. Also to make the lander longer on the table top too. We spent the day repairing all the moto damage on those jumps and putting in a new line after G-Spot, thanks Sledger and Brad.
The uphill will remain and we will make the first drop just after it a large roller so those who are struggling can get their speed back up to make the small doubles and then the small hip we have yet to put in.
The new section after G-spot will probably have more rocks thru it so keep an eye out.
Adrian.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Some constructive criticism (hopefully):
The first 8m double is a bit sketch. I know it's A-line and all that, but if you don't get it just right then there can be some serious consequences with those 2 trees that are practically on the run out of the lander. No one wants to see those trees removed, but maybe a bit of a flat case safety at the back of the lander (about half a bike length) and not such a steep lander which is slightly cambered to the right to push you away from the trees?
My biggest concern is if you 50/50 it you will get bucked over and straight into those trees. And you are flying coming into it to make the gap.

The lander on the 10m seems a bit steep too. Not so much of an issue, just seems odd to have such a steep lander on so long a jump.

Only other thing that got me was just past halfway on the track. You guys did a great job straightening the entry back into the trees after the fire-road so it's much easier to keep you speed up, but after the first 2 gaps there is a slight uphill and then 2 more gaps. The uphill sucks your speed quite a lot and to make those second 2 gaps you have to non-stop pedal uphill and crank it hard. Seems to me it would be better to let that section flow some more (to get some speed back from the uphill) after all the hard work of pedaling into it to make the first 2 gaps. I know I am puffing hard at that point and can hardly be bothered trying to pedal uphill to make those 2 gaps.
I agree with this post. Seems true

Also can there be more take-off added to the pallet-pallet(?). the jump just before the fire road.

FINX74

Likes Dirt
G ?????

Can you please tell me where it is, I'm having a it of trouble finding it.
The G-Spot is just after Champery Corners or you could always ask her and she could tell you if your in the right area or not. Perhaps change your stance and get over the back a bit more...
Adrian.
Also looking into the take off of the old pallet to pallet...