Rear brake - ZEE 180mm rotor
Cranks - SLX
Chain ring - Race Face NW 34t
Chainguide - Blackspire TrailX with bash guard
Chain -Shimano Dura-Ace 11spd
Pedals - Crank Bros Mallet E
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT M8000
Rear shifter - Shimano XT M8000
Cassette - Shimano XT M8000 11 spd 11-40t with One Up Components ext range 45T (+18t)
Front hub - Onyx Racing
Rear hub - Onyx Racing
Front rim - Zelvy 35mm Carbon
Rear rim - Zelvy 35mm Carbon
Spokes - They're in there
Nipples - Tweak 'em!
Tyres - Maxxis DHF 2.5 and Minion SS 2.3
Tubes - n/a fitted Trek tubeless rim strips & valves
Total weight - 14.1 kgs

I bought this as run out stock last October from My Mountain. Didn't know a lot about MTB other than the short reading I'd done on here so I added bars, stem, seat post and 1x10 from new.
Further reading along with a lot of riding and MTB is my thing now! Can't get enough of it and everything about it. For years it's been Supermoto but after a few big injuries I've hung up my leathers and and now its down and dirty in the bush MTB style!
Enduro has me hooked and I'm planning on racing the Vic Enduro Tour this year in the old mans class after doing two rounds last season and having a ball.
I've just finally got it to where I'm happy and now I'll ride it while putting some penny's away for MTB number 2.
The final piece of the puzzle is the piece de resistance, the 2016 Fox Float X2. Now I know it's a lot of shock for a mediocre frame but after years of pouring cashola into vehicles and making them go fasterer, I realise the importance of getting them to handle so this is why I've gone to town and spent good coin on the suspension.
Thanks to Brad @ Tekin Suspension here in Melbourne I've had him service the 34's and while in there remove the spacer, raise them to 160mm and install a Vorsrung Suspension TLA, which removes Fox's CTD FIT Damper and creates something really special up front. I've not really had a good chance to ride with the TLA as I KO'd myself at the You Yangs Enduro and had it fitted while I recovered, but to say it's plush is an understatement.
Sitting on the bike tonight for the first time with both the front and rear suspension fitted was like mounting your favourite, you know...............when you were younger. It's something you'll never forget! haha
So tomorrow will be it's maiden voyage, in current guise, to run it in and feel it out on the trails. On Sunday I'm heading to the YY with Brad to get it setup and dialed in, something he offered to do without me even asking.
Looking forward to learning all about it that's for sure.

Enough dribble and here's some photos.

The day I brought it home.

Now.

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Hooooooooooooooot............

I was busy looking for the price hoping it was a for sale thread!:hungry:

Nice ride mate. I have one of these myself with a few minor mods, they are a fair bit of bike for the price.

Do you mind telling me how much the Vorsprung TLA mod from Tekin set you back? The stock ctd fork on mine feels pretty horrid no matter how I set it up.

VEX33D

Likes Dirt
Solid additions to the Remedy. The black lowers are an improvement.

In order to mount the Float X2 shock, was a different yoke or modification required to fit it?

Markee

Likes Dirt
Brad at Tekin came up with the solution to mount it using the factory DRCV mounting hardware. So the swap in and out now is completely reversable.
Give him a call and he will sort you out for sure.

wavike

Likes Dirt
Top idea of getting a good setup cheapish. The Frame is good and drivetrain functional. With your own choice of suspension no waste.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Hey Markee, did you try the Remedy 29 before your purchase? Any thoughts on it?

dunndog

Eats Squid
That's sick. Big Remedy fan here, beefing it up like that puts it closer to the slash without going full tard. Did you notice much difference pedalling and climbing with the plusher longer fork? I'm sure it's a rad descender.. nice job. and plus 1 for black lowers looking much more betterer..

Markee

Likes Dirt
Top idea of getting a good setup cheapish. The Frame is good and drivetrain functional. With your own choice of suspension no waste.
Yup it all works well together but I've nothing to really compare it too since it's my first MTB.

Hey Markee, did you try the Remedy 29 before your purchase? Any thoughts on it?
No mate see above. But I did get to ride an alu Remedy 9 for a few weeks as a demo while mine went in for warranty on the Reverb and that was basically the same bike but a large rather than my medium, giving me a chance to try SRAM 1x11.

That's sick. Big Remedy fan here, beefing it up like that puts it closer to the slash without going full tard. Did you notice much difference pedalling and climbing with the plusher longer fork? I'm sure it's a rad descender.. nice job. and plus 1 for black lowers looking much more betterer..
Yes i t does wander a bit more climbing but still is 1000 times better than the Evo 140mm version. If I was more into trail riding as such I'd set it back to 150mm but because I'm chasing gravity runs that I can ride to and from the suspension is to do just that.

Today's first ride was a revelation. The suppleness of having both ends just do what they are supposed too just made it hard to concentrate as it was that good! AKA me smilyn like a four year old at XMAS! haha
Heading to YY tmrw for a better play on some proper gravity stuff, so rock gardens and jumps will be the testing grounds so to speak.

Last edited:

Matthew McMurry

Cannon Fodder
Hey man love the setup I currently have a 2010 Trek Remedy 9.9 Carbon and have a Float X2 on the way. Where did you get your bolt to do the conversion from drcv to the float x2?

Thanks

Markee

Likes Dirt
Hey man love the setup I currently have a 2010 Trek Remedy 9.9 Carbon and have a Float X2 on the way. Where did you get your bolt to do the conversion from drcv to the float x2?

Thanks
Initially it was a custom made thread-tapped-bush done by Tekin Suspension but I bent it within the first week. So I have just installed an Offset Bushings standard set of bushings and sourced my own top mounting hardware. Joren at Offset Bushings is looking into selling something very similar soon. See his PB post here

Also fitted an XT M8000 11 spd setup with OneUp's 45t just for good measure. First evaluations are great. With a 34t up front i get a better climbing ability over my 10 spd 32t(fr) 10-42t and more top speed.
Big test this weekend at Blue Derby, Atlas and Blue Tier in Tassie.

lowpass

Squid
Markee, This is Epic..
I have the 2015 Remedy and am looking to improve the rear shock and the one you are running is exactly what I was looking at..
Nice looking rig, I wonder hoe the TLA compares to the Push kit I have in my front end, although the Kashima Coat gear is definitely the go..

Were you racing the Supermoto as well.. (slightly off topic) I loved it when it had a "proper" Series up here in QLd.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Markee, This is Epic..
I have the 2015 Remedy and am looking to improve the rear shock and the one you are running is exactly what I was looking at..
Nice looking rig, I wonder hoe the TLA compares to the Push kit I have in my front end, although the Kashima Coat gear is definitely the go..

Were you racing the Supermoto as well.. (slightly off topic) I loved it when it had a "proper" Series up here in QLd.

edit: late reply/thread dig/updated first post to current setup

Cheers mate and yes I did race my Supermoto all over the country! FNQ still has a really strong following and Nationals this year in July is at Mareeba on the Mako Trac.

teK--

Eats Squid
Nice lookin Remedy it is so jacked it is looking more like a Slash now ;). What is the stock travel on these and are you now on 160/160?

Would be keen to hear about how you are getting along with the X2. I like my Monarch+ but I miss having adjustment of HSC and HSR from when I had the DBIL.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Nice lookin Remedy it is so jacked it is looking more like a Slash now ;). What is the stock travel on these and are you now on 160/160?

Would be keen to hear about how you are getting along with the X2. I like my Monarch+ but I miss having adjustment of HSC and HSR from when I had the DBIL.

Cheers mate. Stock was 140mm front and rear and I've just gone to 160mm front and maybe 145mm rear because the X2 is about 3mm longer than stock and I didn't use offset bushes. Slash is spec'd 160mm both ends.

I am now finally starting to play around (and kinda understand) with the compression and rebound. I actually went back to factory recommended settings at Falls Creek to try them and ended straight back to where Brad @ Tekin set them after half day trying them out. A very big difference thats for sure. I think for Barjarg I might play around with air spring pressure and go firmer to see how that 'feels' because atm it's just so plush (read great) but my skills have come up a long way so I'm hitting stuff harder and faster and from what I've read going firmer can add to this.

joelss84

Squid
Cheers mate. Stock was 140mm front and rear and I've just gone to 160mm front and maybe 145mm rear because the X2 is about 3mm longer than stock and I didn't use offset bushes. Slash is spec'd 160mm both ends.

I am now finally starting to play around (and kinda understand) with the compression and rebound. I actually went back to factory recommended settings at Falls Creek to try them and ended straight back to where Brad @ Tekin set them after half day trying them out. A very big difference thats for sure. I think for Barjarg I might play around with air spring pressure and go firmer to see how that 'feels' because atm it's just so plush (read great) but my skills have come up a long way so I'm hitting stuff harder and faster and from what I've read going firmer can add to this.
So by not putting the offset bushing in you've effectively raised the bottom bracket by pushing the rear wheel down which gives you the extra little bit of travel?
Im thinking of doing this rear shock upgrade on my 2015 remedy 9 27.5 (ive got 150mm fox 36s on the front there great) but pretty keen on using the offset bushing on the bottom at least.
Ive emailed offset bushing company you mentioned earlier thanks for the info and inspiration. Nice bike

Markee

Likes Dirt
Cheers for all the replies everyone.

This bike is heading back to semi standard as I've now got a Nomad CC to build. :banana lama:

So both front and rear suspension are up for grabs.

160mm Fork with TLA fitted: $500

Rear X2 shock:$650

Shock mounting hardware to suit the Remedy $50

Whole bike with stock suspension, wheels, seat post, Renthal bars, OneUp 40t & RadR cage 1x10, Deore XT shifter & derailleur and SLX cranks & brakes will be up for sale shortly.