Trek Scratch crack. Just riding along, I swear...

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heard a noise, thought I'd snapped my chain.... closer inspection revealed something much nastier!

I've been running this bike pretty hard over the past 6 months I suppose.

Spap.jpg

Don't think I'm eligible for warranty unfortunately :neglected:

dunndog

Eats Squid
"phat snaps', ah the irony.. bummer man, I'm waiting for a warranty fix on my session 88, snappies also..

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
That's the beauty of Trek's lifetime warranty.... I don't see why anyone would buy a second hand Trek, the warranty is worth coughing up for a new one.

dunndog

Eats Squid
That's the beauty of Trek's lifetime warranty.... I don't see why anyone would buy a second hand Trek, the warranty is worth coughing up for a new one.
Look again.. Treks' lifetime warranty does not include scratch, session 8 and session 88... 3 years. And interestingly, only 2 years on the carbon 9.9...

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i was wondering how long it would take for someone to say "it'll buff out"

that's a pity about the snappage, can you buy a new swingarm or will u need to replace it completely?

Sic

Likes Dirt
Arent Treks a bit notorious for snapping there? Dont know where you are located but if you're in Melbourne ill bet Grip can fix it.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should have used Grip for the repair.

Dropped it in at my LBS (well, the local Trek dealer), asked them to order a replacement part. Six weeks later they still hadn't placed an order.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked it up today. LBS has redeemed itself. Had the bike ready to ride when I got there, and they had done some good work free of charge. Not sure if they saw this thread, but I don't care - there will be beers delivered to them tomorrow...