Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Flow-Rider

Burner
'Conomy. The earth revolves around the 'conomy, not the sun.
Quality of life comes at a big cost. We need large corps to make money so that they pay workers, workers pay tax to fund awesome hospitals, roads, MTB parks and what ever else we have that's free. Sometimes Governments have their hands tied because they work hand in hand with them, nothing is clear cut in this world.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Secondly, if you’re concerned about the survival of the planet I’d suggest that the nuclear issue should be your prime concern. It is far more immediate than climate change.
Humans are some of the most radiation sensitive forms of life on the planet. With that in mind nuclear war may actually be good for the planet in the long run. A planet with a human population as we know it would be a different story of course.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Humans are some of the most radiation sensitive forms of life on the planet. With that in mind nuclear war may actually be good for the planet in the long run. A planet with a human population as we know it would be a different story of course.
It might even coax the dinosaurs out of hibernation.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Another school massacre what does Trump do = nothing.
Just says more prayers .
God wont help ,you idiot .

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Another school massacre what does Trump do = nothing.
Just says more prayers .
God wont help ,you idiot .
what should he do?

Enacting more control laws won't stop it either.

the issue of school shootings and violence in general in America is much much much deeper then people are willing to admit.

moorey

call me Mia
Stormy Daniels will be his undoing. He either admits it’s him mentioned in the NDA that he didn’t sign, therefore showing he’s lied previously, or he denies it him in the NDA, allowing stormy to release the pictures and evidence she has.
Like Capone on the tax evasion, it will be a smaller scandal that brings him down, instead of the big stuff

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Lying about an affair/payoff with personal money isn't really a crime, though. I can't see that ending him, unless the case can be made that it was undeclared electoral spending. And even then....

The Russia probe is his kryptonite.

moorey

call me Mia
Lying about an affair/payoff with personal money isn't really a crime, though. I can't see that ending him, unless the case can be made that it was undeclared electoral spending. And even then....

The Russia probe is his kryptonite.
It is if you lied about where the money came from, and then if that money was tied to campaign expenses.
The Russia guff is, and will be damning. and ultimately disgrace him completely, I just believe the Stormy fiasco will get him first.
He hires morons to speak for him and defend him, then dumps them in the shit. (That said, only morons will do his dirty work. He’s been knocked back by literally every decent lawyer on the planet)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With the newer revelations about Cohen operating the bribe laundry, which came out of the Strom, I think that and the Russia issue will merge bit not before his tenure is up or nearly up and 4 years of damage done. The system must protect the system, so I feel he won't be shoved out of office. I think more likely they will leverage it to block him fucking too much up and pull him into their line of thinking while also preventing him from running again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
what should he do?

Enacting more control laws won't stop it either.

the issue of school shootings and violence in general in America is much much much deeper then people are willing to admit.
They could always try it...it's not like they've given it a chance before.

Alternatively the NRA and those that profit from the current arms situation could be leveraged to put large sums of cash into some mental health research and services and community programs to help prevent thosw likely to commit such a crime before it becomes an issue.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yanks will be immune to White House sex scandals by now, there's a long history there. If they uncover that Trump has had some sort of business dealings with Russian dark figures, well that might be a different story.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
There will be a large element that won't believe anything negative about Trump and will blame the deep state/fake media/democrats/etc.

And that's why I fear Trump being booted, there is potential for a dangerous ripple effect in the US.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not just a further explosion of conspiracy theorists though. He was elected on a wave of.misguided belief he was an every day man, just like those already disillusioned with the system. If he gets booted by the political elite that may reinforce this belief and erode their faux democracy. The elite wouldn't stand for that now...they'd need to get real jobs and stuff. Better to get a behind closed doors agreement. And then lock up crooked Hillary.

moorey

call me Mia
There will be a large element that won't believe anything negative about Trump and will blame the deep state/fake media/democrats/etc.

And that's why I fear Trump being booted, there is potential for a dangerous ripple effect in the US.
Yes, this concerns me...but less than the harm Trump is doing to the environment and international relations, among other things.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
i agree they could try tightening gun laws further but wont happen.
Predicting the future is notoriously inaccurate , people have tried for years , Trump will go kicking + screaming but when and how , I dont know.
with all the guns and nutters and social divisions, America is ripe for violent social unrest.
Not that many developed countries have already had civil wars eg USA , Spain, Greece but it is possible..
Sure France ,China , Russia had revolutions .