Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Mitch McConnell didn’t want him nominated, he said there was too much history on Kavanaugh, or something to that effect.
The GOP withheld most of the info on him, and dumped what they did release on the Dems and public, without time to even look through it.
It’s stunk from the start.

Binaural

Eats Squid
@moorey so he says. However, this didn't come out beforehand, so Occam's razor suggests he is just covering his ample backside.

An interesting question would be whether the Dems would do the same thing in the same position, given how Clinton's situation was handled back in the day. I would like to think the example of Al Franken suggests that they would not.

moorey

call me Mia
Franken resigned before it even went to an ethics investigation, as I recall.
It’s partly an admission of guilt, surely, but not something I see the GOP ever doing.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Who took over 30 years to come forward in the first place, with a story that doesn't match previous accounts or even have "witnesses" that back her claims, both herself and her lawyer have blatant political motivations,
36 year old allegation, that's six years outside of the Statue of Limitations on such a case (even in the most lenient states)......

It's okay, I have no doubts the Democrats will find someone else to make a rape accusation soon, since Blasey's stalling tactics are seemingly at the end of their capabilities.
I find these above comments quite incongruent with the below comment.

You should go ahead and read up as to why I find being labelled a rape apologist so reprehensible; given my active involvement over the years in the actual treatment of victims.

I also live in a state where we have to manage the double edged sword that is mandatory reporting. My sympathy is not in question and, sadly, quite well rounded from exposure to such events.
I realise that they are only accusations at this stage and Kavanaugh should not be regarded as guilty just because some one makes an accusation. However you seem to be aiming to cast doubt and derision on the accuser rather than taking the accusations seriously.

Both the accuser and the accused deserve a particular response but yours seems balanced to the side of the political ideology you support. Whilst I accept that you have sympathy for the people you treat, what you say here does not provide an image of some one who is sympathetic to the victims of sexual assault.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
As @johnny said more eloquently that I tried earlier, I don’t think your comments earlier reflect what you are now saying.
Sorry to hear of your incident, but you do realize that it’s 1:1000 the other way, I’d reckon. Women tend to not speak up, and when they do, it’s not followed up, and when it is it’s not acted on, and when it is, it’s dismissed in court, and even more so in the court of public opinion.
The white men playing victim thing (not what you’re doing) is just about as sickening as things get. Incel’s are a case in point. Men generally, feel way too entitled, and feel that they are the oppressed ones in society.
Comment not directed at you, it’s as much toward myself as anyone.
As far as you response to my rape apologist comment, watch this.

Reactions: Zaf

moorey

call me Mia
I apologise @Zaf, I don’t think you’re a rape apologist.
I do maintain your earlier comments portrayed you as a bit of one though.

That’s a politicians apology. ‘I’m sorry you were offended by my comments’.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Zaf you're a hot mess of bad choices and missed opportunities.

So what's the current odds on the mid terms? If the Dems take the house, will they impeach immediately or give Trump enough rope?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
@Zaf you're a hot mess of bad choices and missed opportunities.

So what's the current odds on the mid terms? If the Dems take the house, will they impeach immediately or give Trump enough rope?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Rope.

Until lame duck Trump tries to jump the shark once too often, and it’s clear to even his base that he’s a very unstable moron...or he gets sick of winning, throws in the towel, and has to cut back on his golfing games as a private citizen again.

moorey

call me Mia
What are you doing in return:
1: When he doesn’t make it past mid terms fallout.
2: When he isn’t re-elected for a second term.

You need a horse in this race, big shot.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not willing t call a thing on the mid terms.

I will call Abbott losing his seat in the next election, though.