Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

safreek

The world media is probably full of such stories of the so called misled 'brides' wanting to return 'home'. Coincidence that the two stories align is reporters working together me thinks, or just pure coincidence, who knows.

Personally I think these people need to pay for their evil killing sins of innocent people, raising the white flag is not justification to forgive. They willingly went to fight a fucked up cause and call others to kill innocents in mass by trucks, bombs etc, and now they want to live some peaceful time in a nice western prison with TV and food, or even think and hope they would be free. Leave em in the desert to dry out I say, prison is too kind.

Only the desperate want to run from their past.
I think that if they were to face trial in Syria, the place of their alleged misdeeds, do their punishment in the place of crimes, well yes, we should take them back to face their alleged crimes over here.
You really should face punishment in the country of your crimes

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Peace deal? Are we at war with NK?
Yes, have been since 1950 (or is it 51, can't recall), hense all the US troops are still there on the peninsula and there's a demilitarised zone?

They signed an armistace in 53, but there's been no peace treaty signed yet, so the war carries on under an armistice agreement that has been punctuated numerous times by the DPRK (Choenan, Yeogpyongdo, are just two recent examples.

moorey

call me Mia
I’m just going to leave this here.

Also more convinced than ever that he’ll cut a deal and leave before his term is up.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Honestly, the testimony didn't reveal any bombshells that weren't already known to some extent (we already know Don Jr is going to be indicted, he's said as much). What was really breathtaking was how little enthusiasm the Republicans had for directly defending Trump, as opposed to pointless criticism of Cohen (who's already been struck off the bar, convicted of several crimes, including lying to Congress). It gave the strongest possible impression that they weren't so much upset as his lying for Trump, as they were that he had stopped lying for Trump.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I really really really hope you're right. But you dont get to be president without being really good at what you do. In trumps case, he is really good at being a shift liar.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I really really really hope you're right. But you dont get to be president without being really good at what you do. In trumps case, he is really good at being a shift liar.
One not-so-astonishing reveal was how openly unenthusiastic Trump was about actually being president, as opposed to getting lots of coverage as the insurgent political disruptor.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Cohen seems to think otherwise. He said there was no chance of a peaceful transition should Trump loose 2020.
We will see - Trump has shown the autocratic inclinations but not the balls to actually do anything other than act as a spoiler. I would be astonished if he did anything other than cry foul.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We will see - Trump has shown the autocratic inclinations but not the balls to actually do anything other than act as a spoiler. I would be astonished if he did anything other than cry foul.
It would take some balls and likely back fire. He would need to endear himself to the military, he already has entry of militia. Still crazier things have happened...a swift call to arms just before the election care taker period, a need to postpone the election for national security, calling out the national guard, cutting cash flow to non-compliant states...president for life. Many hoops to jump through and he probably doesn't have many in his camp whispering that kind of shit in his ear.