Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Flow-Rider

Burner
After the election yes, but he just needs to loose straight up, then go to prison.
If they can take the wealth away from him you'll never see him again, it's the only thing stopping him from going to jail. You need to pay big arse lawyers to get away with what he did. If he gets back in power he'll just build up more wealth and go after the people that went after him.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Legitimately. And that a goddam scary thought.
The world is a bad place to accept leaders like this in the first place, I wish there was another Barack Obama to step up to the plate. This will be like watching a train wreck occur, you can cover your eyes because you don't want to watch but you'll still hear the noise of the impact.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think they are only delaying these cases until the election. If they grant immunity then that would allow any president to do anything regardless of political party. By delaying Trump avoids being accountable.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I've no doubt they'll back up the lower courts but they could have taken the expedited appeal in November as petitioned rather than letting the lower court write a bulletproof ruling, then take 3 more months to hear oral arguments, essentially buying Trump the long shot of getting back in and shutting down his own trials

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
SCOTUS aren't fans of transparency, accountability and ethical frameworks backed by legislation, which would likely be introduced into Congress should Dems win a second term.

SCOTUS aren't big fans of being impeached by a Dems held House/Senate either....