Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Is it just me or is everyone else just hoping that America lifts its restrictions and suffers the full force if their idiocy? As a country they really need to suffer through a major event to learn the value of human life and their place in the world which they hopefully realise isn't Number 1, number 1, number 1, continue insane chanting.
its not just you...

moorey

call me Mia
Is it just me or is everyone else just hoping that America lifts its restrictions and suffers the full force if their idiocy? As a country they really need to suffer through a major event to learn the value of human life and their place in the world which they hopefully realise isn't Number 1, number 1, number 1, continue insane chanting.
I do occasionally...but then reminded myself that Trump et al won’t be the ones suffering. Worst outcome he is voted out and back to being a celebrity cockhole. 100’s of thousands of people are suffering big time. Only about 40% of them deserve it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I do occasionally...but then reminded myself that Trump et al won’t be the ones suffering. Worst outcome he is voted out and back to being a celebrity cockhole. 100’s of thousands of people are suffering big time. Only about 40% of them deserve it.
That about sums it up for me too. Decent people don’t make good news stories, writing off country because of the “silent” majority is a bit shit.
The worst thing to happen to society was letting old people have social media. They went from full “don’t trust anything on the internet” to “the earths flat, google it”

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't know how, but...my grandmother has plenty of wild conspiracy theories without any social media (or any media not on the free to air tv). A lot of these line up with pretty closely to the crazy shit being spruiked by the uninformed online. I'm pretty sure she is kept informed by some of the reptilian master race.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Donald Trump has stunned viewers by suggesting that people could receive injections of disinfectant to cure the coronavirus, a notion one medical expert described as “jaw-dropping”.

At Thursday’s White House coronavirus task force briefing, the US president discussed new government research on how the virus reacts to different temperatures, climates and surfaces.

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute,” Trump said. “One minute! And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that. So, that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Get your bleach and isopropyl huffing on, Commander in chief nails the advice again!!!
Holy crap. What a dangerous and unbelievably stupid Oompa Loompa he is. He will never in a million years take responsibility when some half-wit injects or swallows bleach either.
I’m stuck between hoping he burns himself down in an inferno of fuckwittery and realising, as @moorey says, that will sweep up and impact on thousands of innocent people in the process. What a chunt

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Call it a Darwinism cleansing

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
....trump now saying he was being 'sarcastic' when he suggested ingesting disinfectant to combat covid-19! :rolleyes:

Trump @ press briefing:
“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning,” Trump said. “Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds -- it sounds interesting to me.

his 180°:
Trump told reporters on Friday: “I was asking the question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen.”

meanwhile:
Earlier this week, the CDC said calls to poison control centers nationwide related to household cleaners and disinfectants rose 20 percent in the first quarter over a year earlier. The agency suggested there could be a link between increased public demand for virus-fighting cleaners and the spike in poisonings.

Last edited: