STOLEN TwoFour Moon - Canberra (again)

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Le sigh, here we go again. Came home today to find the lock broken on my girlfriend's garage/cage (which housed mine bike (temporarily - I had designs to take it to my other house that day -_____-))in her apartment building.

Here's a picture:

Most distinguishing feature is probably the ratty paint on the stem, bars and forks from the previous theif.

Here's how to get ahold of me if you see it/have it:

Jack Mitchell

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers alan. Yeah the bike had chrome Profile race cranks and purple Fly Rubens (chrome and purple, pretty distinctive) fitted when it was stolen.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
lets get a posse together and mess up these scumbags real good, we'll call ourselves the Comancheroes!...dammit, that ones taken
pretty destinct frame, will keep my peepers peeled charnyside for ya!

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I live in Reid but the bike was stolen from my girlfriends flat in Belco.

It was taken from the 'secure' parking space of her flat, would it be worth talking to body corporate about them having insurance?

willsy01

Eats Squid
would it be worth talking to body corporate about them having insurance?
Not really. Sure, give it a crack......but don't expect anything to come out of it. The only thing of value I keep in my 'secure' garage is my car......if they can get that, they can have it (it's worth more to me stolen than to sell it).

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Head down to your local cop shop with a print of the fuckbook page and some proof of ownership (receipts, pics, police report# from when you reported it stolen, your listing here [date stamped], etc). The more you have the more likely they are to get off their arse and handball it to someone who's not on front desk duty. Good luck.

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
He would be in possession of stolen goods.
Correct. Tell me though, did you ask the last person you bought something from if it was stolen?

What im getting at is that old mate may not have any idea that it's stolen so acting like internet heroes and gathering a group of vigilantes (that will never do anything, more than likely) to act like big men is just retarded.

However, if he is indeed the one that stole it.....go for gold.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Correct. Tell me though, did you ask the last person you bought something from if it was stolen?

What im getting at is that old mate may not have any idea that it's stolen so acting like internet heroes and gathering a group of vigilantes (that will never do anything, more than likely) to act like big men is just retarded.

However, if he is indeed the one that stole it.....go for gold.
No, but I got an original receipt of purchase. Plus I got the guy to write me a receipt to say when and how much I bought it off him for. If I ever sell that bike, it will come with the papertrail.