UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2013: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
That massive table with the lookback is easily ninety feet, that's a monster.
Haha yeah right.... At 60km/h it takes nearly 2 seconds to travel that far. I reckon 60ft max.
90 ft is fucking massive.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
27 meters is 88.8ft

I don't know why we're measuring in ft here btw. Last I checked we were in Australia and we use normal measurements haha.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
27 meters is 88.8ft

I don't know why we're measuring in ft here btw. Last I checked we were in Australia and we use normal measurements haha.
Close enough.....

And yeah, fair point re using feet. I guess sometime we use feet because it sounds bigger!! Haha

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Close enough.....

And yeah, fair point re using feet. I guess sometime we use feet because it sounds bigger!! Haha
Yep.

A mile is 1.6km and 1000 yards is 916 meters.

I just find the American measurements to be confusing and all over the damn place.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yep.

A mile is 1.6km and 1000 yards is 916 meters.

I just find the American measurements to be confusing and all over the damn place.
But they are America they wont do anything they don't want to, they are the best in the world.......so they like to think.
They almost did switch over but the act didn't last too long.

Its sort of the same reason they wont change gun laws, they get all pissed off about their amendments instead of what is logical and just hate any change.
Off topic but this is a laugh
[video=youtube;9pOiOhxujsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE[/video]
Part2
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=TYbY45rHj8w[/video]
Part3
[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuspKSjfgA&feature=relmfu[/video]

Last edited:

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Here are the top 5 results for Jnr men and women, congratulations to the Aussie juniors representing at the Worlds the future looks bright:

Top 5
1. USA Richie Rude 4:06.640
2. FRA Loris Vergier +5.727
3. GBR Michael Jones +7.403
4. SUI Noel Nudieburger +7.784
5. AUS Dean Lucas +8.908
8. AUS Thomas Crimmins +14.101
16. AUS Aiden Varley +18.488
17. AUS Peter Knott +18.869
24. AUS Ben Hill +21.646
26. AUS Luke Ellison +22.262
28. AUS Brent Smith +24.533

Jnr Women
1. GBR Tahnee Seagrave 4:52.001
2. AUS Danielle Beecroft +7.512
3. AUS Tegan Molloy +19.448
4. FRA Fiona Ourdouillie +21.731
5. JPN Ayako Nakagawa +1:13.791

driftking

Wheel size expert
So rachel 16seconds up in timed practice......She always said she wanted to qualify in the mens.....girl is on fire, gotta wonder who took it easy though.... tracey and caroline in good spots. should be interesting to see how the final plays out. Mick looks strong too.

Hill either crashed or stopped his down in 68th.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Are start lists for race day based on timed practise or world ranking coming into the event?
Ranking they used to have seeding but due to people sort of been tactical and stopping or going slow they switched it to ranking (or at least I think that's the reason) it makes sense to do so. Keeps riders tightly packed and a bit more fair I guess. The best riders will have similar track conditions.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ranking they used to have seeding but due to people sort of been tactical and stopping or going slow they switched it to ranking (or at least I think that's the reason) it makes sense to do so. Keeps riders tightly packed and a bit more fair I guess. The best riders will have similar track conditions.
Ok, was just wondering if time training needs to be taken too seriously as some normally top end riders placed fairly far down.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Ok, was just wondering if time training needs to be taken too seriously as some normally top end riders placed fairly far down.
not too much, I mean it can be a rough guide but because it doesn't really matter and most riders will be saving them self and not wanting to show their hand you get a good mix. its a very rough idea but there are always those who play it safe.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from what i hear, gwin had a flat and hill had a mechanical. they were both at the bottom when they are usually at the top