UCI MTB World Champs - 2009 @ Stromlo

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was reading through the AMB program and it seemed to suggest that the DH prac wouldnt be all day friday and saturday only for an hour or so is this correct?

Also hands up if your staying at canberra YHA!

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Can't wait for it. I'm going to be dressing up as a pirate again this year. Will be making lots of stickers too. Not sure of the name I'm going to be staying in but hopefully theres a few Farkers around.

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I met the Chilean XCO team today, they didn't speak English and I don't speak Spanish (I do know how to ask for beer!). Our conversation was short - they had no beer, they did however speak the language of mountain bike, so I showed them the XCO course, but was quickly eating their dust!

morgs

morgs
Yes. Sorta.
Friday is DH training in the morning, 0830 to 1000 then official timed runs at 1030. For however long that takes, I still don't have start lists.
The other considerations are that the U23 XC is on in the arvo and 4X in the evening, so practice for DH in the arvo would most likely be pretty poorly attended.

Saturday has the XC Elite races and Trials finals, DH training is 1330 to 1500 for Juniors and Elite WOman. 1500 to 1600 for Elite Men.
Going on last year, most of the elite guys don't practice very hard on Saturday, or for very long. If you don't have your shit in one sock by that stage then you'd need to lift your game a bit I reckon.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
+2.

We rock up Thursday night. Gonna be on the piss right from take off in Rocky at 10:30am. And don't end up in Canberra until dark. Be ready to hit it hard.
So there's a good chance you won't remember anything from the worlds.:D

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
can you still get fireworks in the ACT, i think that may be the clincher for heading down....wow thatd be fun!
Short answer is you won't be able to buy (let along use) any while the Worlds are on.

Longer is, over the last few years we've seen a concerted effort from pet owners, brick letter box owners and other interested parties to get the sale and use banned. Currently sales are limited to licenced ACT residents for use over the last Queen's Birthday weekend between the hours of 6 and 9 pm. And moves are afoot to get them banned outright.:(

Joy

Likes Dirt
Well I wasn't going to come, but realised I'll never forgive myself if I miss out. Just booked a little runaround trip to get me there and back over the weekend without missing work on friday or monday. Pretty much every flight to and from canberra over that weekend was booked! So I'm doing a Bris > Sydney flight, Sydney > Canberra bus to save some money, then Canberra > Bris early morning flight to make it home for work. All this for the DH finals!

Now I have to work out where the hell I'm going to sleep

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I was watching TV with someone the other night and after the "engine" advert she asked if I knew about the big dirtbike race that was happening out at Stromlo soon. Oh well... at least people notice the ad even if they think it's something totally different :confused:

The trails at Stromlo are looking good. Yesterday I came across a couple of Chilean riders in what looked like national uniform XC gear, and their coach, having a yak in the middle of nowhere out there. In Chilean of course :D Felt cool in a surreal way.