UCI turn facist (even more so)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Why couldn't red bull events be included?
Money.

And Control.

Money and control.

To get your event sanctioned by the UCI you need to pay a fee and then comply with the UCIs rules and regulations. As the red bull events don't need UCI for credibility or media exposure and the riders who usually take part don't need to earn UCI points from it to qualify for world cup events there is little reason for them to pay the fee and allow someone else to take control over their events.

For DH, XC and Marathon event where having UCI recognition can help attract top riders to your event and increase your media exposure the fees and hassles can be worth it. For redbull type events.... Not so much

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Just another example of UCI greed

Regardless of the "explanation" provided by UCI, I can only see this type of rule harming the sport and for that matter the UCI themselves!

After all the crap they've just been through with LA and his cheating colleagues, why in f's name would they take a risk in trying to enforce something like this? Totally retarded!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You could, I don't know.....ignore this crap press and just enjoy watching the races between the worlds best riders on some rad courses. The UCI can't be all that bad, they ARE giving us a world cup series every year.

morticus

Likes Dirt
My only issue is that the season is so short. Would be rad to have a 9 month season with say 12 races plus the worlds. I guess the season is for the riders involved, but not for the "world cup".

dunndog

Eats Squid
What crap.. but it's good of them to give everyone a heads up and give them 12 months to sort out alternatives before telling them to fark off.

driftking

Wheel size expert
What crap.. but it's good of them to give everyone a heads up and give them 12 months to sort out alternatives before telling them to fark off.
On this point about alternatives. The UCI controls worlds right? But is there any legislate that says another enterprise can't come in as host there own worlds? I mean the recognition goes with the sport not with who hosts. If every worldcup rider enters a worlds hosted by "Xxxx" yet the UCI still holds "official worlds" but no pros rock up. Even if you win the UCI worlds no one will count it because its now no longer the main event.

Like tennis at the Olympics, no one really pays attention because its not where the focus is.

What's to stop another enterprise getting permission to choose Olympic athletes, how does the UCI get given this permission, as the governing body do they just Give it to themselves?

What makes a worlds or World Cup medal officially counted? Is it purely the recognition, what would make there medals any different from "xxxx" if everyone shifts to "xxxx" doesn't the value to with the audience and riders?