underage drinking

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't drink cruisers but I don't understand why they're considered weak.

Cruisers are stronger than most beers, 5% Alc/Vol Vs 4.6% Alc/Vol
Its lolly water...
Beer and rum and coke is where its at.
Beer meaning, Coopers, Little Creatures etc None of this TEDS, VB, XXXX shit.
First time I ever drank, meaning more than two beers was when I was 15, 3 days from being 16. I go out every now and then with mates to parties etc maybe have 6-7 beers, few rummies and thats it... Fine after that. Only time I've been drunk off my tits was NYE this/last year, cant remember parts of the night... At least some hot chick was with me?

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Its lolly water...
First time I ever drank, meaning more than two beers was when I was 15, 3 days from being 16. I go out every now and then with mates to parties etc maybe have 6-7 beers, few rummies and thats it... Fine after that. Only time I've been drunk off my tits was NYE this/last year, cant remember parts of the night... At least some hot chick was with me?
Did you wake up with a sore ass and a tattoo on your shoulder reading "Forever Bruce's"?

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Ahh pissed younglings. Don't get me started.

I'm a shopping centre maintenance worker and during the recent school holidays myself and my work mates were removing drunken minors from the premises atleast 4 times a week. I have no idea where they were getting it from but having to deal with them and their mess is enough to make me want to snap-kick their parents to the head and tell them they should've worn condoms or blown on the sheets.

The other thing that drives me mad is minors trying to get me (that's right, ME!) to buy them smokes while i'm at work in uniform and usually either busy or outside having a smoke. they usually get a simple "no mate" or "fuck off" out of me then they go off and ask the trolley boys and the cycle begins again.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Im over drinking, and will be until im passed 18.

its not impressive to see idiots kill their braincells and make a cock out of themselfs;

as for how i got grog, usualy, Friends, my brothers friends (never my brother tho unless it was for xmas :eek:) or as |matt| said walk into the bottle 'o' smile. be polite and be confident.

as for the bar staff and that who are stupid enough to serve u/18s they need to do their RSA again, till they start checking ID

but its different wherever you go

mr flat

Likes Dirt
just my two cents.

Firstly i want to say i am 14 but i'd like to think i am a little more mature than the stereotypical 14 year old, and i believe underage drinking is nothing to worry about as long as its done in a safe enviroment and the people being trusted to be alowed to drink behave responsibly.

Another point i'd like to raise is that a 14 year old and a 24 year old can both act like complete twats once drunk (or heck even sober ) and aside from the legality of the age differance those judging the situation need to look closely at the person not the D.O.B.

finally i wanna issue an e slap to every silly little myspace fiend that as forementioned is posting pictures of peace symbols with lolly water in the other hand and going on to act like a lout down main streets then pass out on a park bench after 3 cruisers, 2 thumbs down to those (KIDS) people giving everyone under the age of 18 that enjoyes a drink amongst friends.

cheers jack

DINGUS

Likes Bikes
Here we go....

1) Turn 16
2) Get a tattoo 9legally need parents permission)
3) Find a bottle shop opposite tattoo parlour ( quite a few)
4) Say u forgot ID but u've got a tattoo - point out window to sign on Tattoo place saying " No tattoos Under 18"
5) Hope the guys an idiot

Also like to add that I dont Encourage underage drinking as it can really screw you up but so can not having a social life. Find good a good compromise and dont be a prick about it.

Just realised what i wanted to say -

Moderation.

Last edited:

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just my two cents.

Firstly i want to say i am 14 but i'd like to think i am a little more mature than the stereotypical 14 year old, and i believe underage drinking is nothing to worry about as long as its done in a safe enviroment and the people being trusted to be alowed to drink behave responsibly.

Another point i'd like to raise is that a 14 year old and a 24 year old can both act like complete twats once drunk (or heck even sober ) and aside from the legality of the age differance those judging the situation need to look closely at the person not the D.O.B.

finally i wanna issue an e slap to every silly little myspace fiend that as forementioned is posting pictures of peace symbols with lolly water in the other hand and going on to act like a lout down main streets then pass out on a park bench after 3 cruisers, 2 thumbs down to those (KIDS) people giving everyone under the age of 18 that enjoyes a drink amongst friends.

cheers jack
Well put kiddo. And kids that hold the beer by the neck not the mid section. :mad: Learn to hold beer/whatever your drinking.

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Well put kiddo. And kids that hold the beer by the neck not the mid section. :mad: Learn to hold beer/whatever your drinking.
Wow, I didn't realise there was a stupid ****ing rule regarding that.

For ****'s sake. If it's hot out, and I want my beer to maintain temperature, when I'm holding I hold it by the neck to minimise heat loss, ie least surface area in contact possible. That is if a stubby holder is not available. Keeping your hand wrapped around the midsection of a glass bottle with no insulation is a sure way to heat it up.

If I'm drinking a good beer, I'll drink it from a glass. You can't get all preachy with stubby holding technique when beers are best consumed from a glass.

mtb1611

Seymour
just my two cents.

cheers jack

You sir, have restored my faith in teens; well, at least one. Very well put mate.

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
It is less harmful to your health, but if fucks your mental health up hardcore, no motivation also cases of schizophrenia have arose from the method used to grow the stuff (hydroponic). Personally though I don't have a problem with it, stoned people don't wonder around parks assaulting people etc.

They say marijuana is the gateway drug to the hardcore drugs, personally i think alcohol is the gateway to drugs.
That's all folks :)
I think the media is the gateway drug to drugs..and there have been studies indicating that the severity of the mental problems are usually predispositions which the individual already had, therefore these problems probably would have been symptomatic with or without marijuana usage.

The method used to grow "hydro" isn't the reason why it's so bad for your health, that arises due to the fact that the bastards pump a shit-ton of fertilizer into the water source. This in turn means that any insects that feed off the plant will have a resistance to conventional organic or harm-free pesticides, and a more hardcore chemical (actually several) is used to kill the insects and keep the plants in a state which will maximize the harvest. It's the smoking of these bad-ass traces which munts you up as they break down to form some mean hydrocarbons which you really don't want/need. However the reasoning behind growing hydro is generally for stealth reasons and/or to produce a more marketable product, which is more easily controllable in an enclosed environment.
You'll actually find that if a grower knows what he's doing and he's not purely in the business for profit then an outdoor plant will be much stronger and more pleasant to smoke;)

Its lolly water...
First time I ever got drunk was when I was 13, not because I thought it was cool, but because I liked the taste, and the side effects were weird/interesting. Problem was however, as you generally encounter with a cask of wine, that I quickly consumed too much and as it was hitting me I kept drinking more. Coincidentally I also tried smoking cigs and for the life of me I still don't know why, anyway long story short I was fucked up, spewed everywhere. Not cool. Worst I've ever felt hands down! I've never smoked cigs since..didn't drink till halfway through grade 12 and didn't get proper wasted till schoolies.
Now I just drink for mainly the pure enjoyment and taste of the drink, which is generally a really good beer, and hardly ever get wasted. Maybe a 6 pack, two on a bigger night.

lawno

Likes Bikes
ive only realy got alcohol 1 time and i bought it from an iga liquor in stanhope (and i'm 16)

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
I wouldnt really classify it as underage drinking, Im 15 and my dad and I cook a barbi each sunday and I have a beer, I have never gone out and gotten drunk I reckon its stupid, heaps of my mates go "oh yeh were going to local park and gunna have a few drinks get maggot and see where it leads". it only leads to a shit night for those fellas.
Iv seen my bro come home shitfaced a couple of times and its just turned me off getting drunk. I can think of much better thigns to do with my nights.
again just my 2 cents

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My drinking life started pretty good.

Didn't start drinking till late 17's.. but the second i turned 18 i've been drinking often.. not every weekend but a beer every now and again + traditional pubcrawls on the off weekend with a bunch of mates.

Going out to get shitfaced to the point you throw up/pass out is stupid and from personal experience... not fun. When i go out i always have a drink in my hand but try and stay that tiny bit before "drunk" so you know wtf your doing but at the same time have so much more confidence/buzz. Drinking was and should always be a social thing and not used to be "cool" by getting farked up.

Although... i might add, Drinking games/shots can be great fun!!! but thats different, and usually happens at a friends place.

low_rb

Likes Dirt
Well i pretty much drunk my way through the last two years of high school and somehow passsed my HSC. Underage drinking has gotten worse since then though inregards to under 18's wandering the streets causeing trouble.

I was lucky and most of my group had parents that had the attitude that if there going to do it id rarther do it here so i always had somewhere safe to be which is what ill apply to my kids when they get older they will do it anyway and with the way society is id rarther have them home when i know there safe.

Raiseing the tax on premixed stuff wont stop anything,we used to make our own.

And to be quite ohnest i caused more and done more just plain dumb shit(ie DUI)between 18 and 24,then my son was born and now i rarely drink at all.