Underbelly

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
I'm 13 and i dont care about shows about gangland murders only Cartoons[Family Guy] and its all over the news frankly i couldn't care less if it never gets shown...but my parents cant wait

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Anyone who wants to see it can see it, regardless of where they live.

If you look hard enough you should be able to find the full season online, ripped directly from channel 9's dvd master copy, 'allegedly' of course.
:p

That said, I've seen the first 3 episodes and it doesn't quite live up to the hype, but I don't think it's a bad show by any stretch of the imagination. As far as Australian Drama goes it's pretty damned good really.
:cool:

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
Just saw an episode (where Vince Colossimo pleads guilty in court and Carl Williams steals a dog).

That's some quality overacting right there. The biggest problem is the nudity. There's a couple of alright housewives, yet our retinas are repeatedly assaulted with some haggard old trollop copping sausage from anyone she can. Cruel.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Just saw an episode (where Vince Colossimo pleads guilty in court and Carl Williams steals a dog).

That's some quality overacting right there. The biggest problem is the nudity. There's a couple of alright housewives, yet our retinas are repeatedly assaulted with some haggard old trollop copping sausage from anyone she can. Cruel.
Nudity at 9:00 thats odd

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Thought I'd reserve a judgement call until at least episode 3 and having seen that tonght I can now say:

The acting's pretty dismal in places, the scripts a shocker especially when it comes to the police talking about procedure with each other. They reduce it to a Sesame St Police Action 101 - sample: uniformed cop to detective "I've put the girls in separate rooms to stop them taliking amongst each other, y'know to stop them getting their stories together" No. Shit. Sherlock! I'm sure the DC must be astounded by such initiative... They've also done a half-arsed job when it comes to making the settings in time believable with a whole host of brands, models, technologies cropping up apparently 5-10 years before their invention (tonight's classic- Pure Blonde on tap in a bikie bar back in the late 90's) and the storylines all seem a bit rushed with little in the way of character development. Oh and the musics a bit iffy at times

Havng said all that, I don't care.

It's f***ing awesome! Absolutely hooked! The storyline is more than able to carry the fuck-ups and it's ably assisted by the dude who plays Carl Williams.

I've also got the hots for Roberta Williams now as she's played by Kat Stevens from Newstopia...

Can't wait for next week...

mtb1611

Seymour
The only thing that's pissed me off about it is that it's only on for an hour a week. I'm hooked!

A friend of a friend is actually (was actually?) related to Alphonse Angitano and says that despite the poetic licence here and there, the portrayal of the actual events is quite accurate.

Graunched

Likes Dirt
Blue Murder

Just gotta say that i am really enjoying underbelly and if any of you that do enjoy it haven't yet seen 'Blue Murder' go to your local video store and get it out.

Its also about organized crime, in particular it centers around one crim called Neddy Smith who was one of the big boys of crime in the 70s-80s. Was originally a series on the ABC a few years back. Also was banned in NSW for a number of years (?) while a murder trial/s (?) was in progress.

Picture quality is not the same as new releases today but riveting viewing with a sensational cast.

cameron94

Likes Dirt
Under belly is one good show! But fell abit weird when watching the nude sense when my dad is watching it too.

Maris

Likes Dirt
I read a little press release that the copies of the first 8 episodes that you can download were put on the internet by underworld bosses in Vic, apparently..

"...network's bosses are already investigating how advanced episodes got into hands of underworld bosses in Victoria." - Sydney Morning Herald

Quite the irony i must say. :D