Upcoming Summer Series Race at Jubilee

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Thought I would start a thread to chuck some ideas around for what needs to be organized/done for the upcoming race day in Jubilee. If the TMBC can provide a really good event for the day it will get a lot of people talking and keen to come back for the second race up here. A big turn out over the 2 race day's will support our arguement with council for more tracks and better facilities.
A couple of things I noted after the Adare race were-
we need to cut back the foliage in a couple of sections to provide more overtaking options,
provide maps of the race loops and other tracks in the park to encourage people that haven't been here to have a look around,
can we expand the car park at the gate-if we could get council involved to level a bigger area.

And I'm sure there are a lot of other idea's so post up what you think.

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
I'm hearing ya Pete ... if there is a roll-up even close to Adare, we risk a lot of frustration on the track if there aren't some good clear overtaking opportunities. As a newbie I'm well aware that I may have missed a lot of previous discussion re: routes for the race - was wondering whether is was worth throwing in an uphill loop on Turkey for the A's & B's, returning Frenzy or main track? Might help ride the track in a bit (esp if still wet) & would really spread the field. Gonna need one or two maintenance days to impress the visitors.

snidz27

Likes Bikes
Do we have conformation of the loops that we will be using?

Why don't we have a practice/maintaince day next Sat (4th) to give the legs a run before Walloon on Sunday?

Ben

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Do we have conformation of the loops that we will be using?
As far as I know we will just be using the Rollercat with C grade just doing the northern loop and A and B doing both loops,
If there is someone who has more info or has already discussed these topics post up.

Pezza65

Likes Bikes
I must admit I'm finding it hard to envisage 90 X A,B & C-grade riders tryingto do a series of competitive loops just on Rollercat - I'm seeing some log jams! As I say, happy to let the senior members decide on the format ... I'm up for any maintenance days proposed.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pete,
Tried calling you today. Still thinking of doing some maintenance over the w/e?

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Pete,
Tried calling you today. Still thinking of doing some maintenance over the w/e?
If you are going down to do some maintenance post up what time you'll be doing it as it would be good to catch up and have a look at what could be the lay out for the day, I might be able to make it after some last minute changes. I will be down the GC this arv/tonight but might be available any other time, nothing like flying by the seat of your pants.

Last edited:

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Maintenance list--?

Hi All,

How many cars are we talking about?
Parking: we should use the paddock that is used for the downhill event -- can that be organised?

What do you think needs doing on the trail?

I will make a serious effort to get down there tomorrow, will work on my
lonesome if I have to.

Put up a list here, and let's tick them off!

So far it looks like:
1. widen some sections on straights for passing
2. GPS some maps (I will do that) I think I have it done already.
I will work up the maps and put them on the forum to make sure we are on the same page.
3.Parking -- can someone organise access to that paddock used for the
during the downhill event. That is the best solution.
4. ? cutting back lantanna overhang?
5. Anything else

Kind regards

Matt

Last edited:

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Parking: we should use the paddock that is used for the downhill event -- can that be organised?

lonesome if I have to.

So far it looks like:
I will work up the maps and put them on the forum to make sure we are on the same page.
5. Anything else

Kind regards

Matt
Started cutting back yesterday on the northern loop but there is plenty left to do, the rest of the track (berms, roll overs and such) are all good.
The southern loop needs a bit of cutting back as well but also just after the drop off after the fire road there is a bermed corner but the berm is about 1/2 a metre to far back and sends you straight towards a tree, has any body else found this and do we want to rebuild this berm. The upside of a good berm there will mean better speed to combat the rocks that follow.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was thinking of heading down this afternoon for a couple of hrs of whipper snipping & maybe ride a couple laps. Anyone want to join me?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi All,

lonesome if I have to.

So far it looks like:
5. Anything else

Kind regards
Matt
90ish riders Matt. Could be 60+ cars. Jiel is trying to organise the neighbouring paddock for parking, but getting it slashed in time is a potential problem.

I dont think too much more needs widening, there are sections on the trail that are quite wide & the quicker riders will be able to pass.

I have maps that i can post up later this evening. The full rollercat loop is already on the clubs website.

Main thing that i think need doing apart from some weed eating is cutting back the lantana overhang.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Sounds good Schoey,

Has anyone considered the implications of the deed being outdated with regard to this race?
Can we get someone from the exec to organise a meeting ASAP (before the race) to get this on the way?

I am OK to come along to set out our new aspirations and have them included, but do not have any authority to set up the new deed.

90ish riders Matt. Could be 60+ cars. Jiel is trying to organise the neighbouring paddock for parking, but getting it slashed in time is a potential problem.

I dont think too much more needs widening, there are sections on the trail that are quite wide & the quicker riders will be able to pass.

I have maps that i can post up later this evening. The full rollercat loop is already on the clubs website.

Main thing that i think need doing apart from some weed eating is cutting back the lantana overhang.
Kind regards

Matt

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think that the deed was probably outdated prior the to last dh race & if they were really concerned they would not have allowed us back in there after the floods. But I agree we need to get it sorted with scope for further development & the possibility of the club taking over & rebuilding/ maintaining trails like sus bridge & the pp trail?

Hi Schoey
Should have some time tomorrow arfo to help out with maintaince. Could you indicate any specific jobs you need done so I can bring the right gear.
Cheers
Lloyd
PS not racing at the moment - too unfit so can help out next Sunday morning.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Schoey
Should have some time tomorrow arfo to help out with maintaince. Could you indicate any specific jobs you need done so I can bring the right gear.
Cheers
Lloyd
PS not racing at the moment - too unfit so can help out next Sunday morning.
Lloyd,
Spent a bit of time on the whipper snipper this arvo, but stupid me forgot to take something to cut the trimmer line. Whipper snipping and trimming back the lantana are the 2 biggest jobs. I'd say there's about 2 hrs more to be done for 3 or 4 people. I'm thinking if the council can't mow the fire roads & around the gazebo prior we should hire a ride on & do it.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
I'll spend a couple of hours down there with the trimmer tomorrow -- not quite sure what time.

Where are you most worried about?

Kind regards

Matt

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The southern loop is the worst. I started on the rocky leg, it's probably the one section that doesn't give too many passing opportunities aswell.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
I have managed to make a bit of time this arv for a ride and a bit of maintenance so I will be down there at 3pm.
Any opinions on that corner/berm I wanted to fix on the southern loop?

Last edited:

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgot to mention, don't forget to keep an eye out for snakes. I chopped a baby brown 200mm in half with the snipper.