upgrading forks, help needed

hey guys,
im looking to upgrade my front shocks and it seems i have more dollars than i do sense when it comes to this sorta stuff.
ive got my eyes on these mint fox 36's but im not entirely surely they'll fit my current rig, they are
-1 1/8’’ - 1,5’’ tapered steerer with 51mm offset
-15x110mm Boost QR Axle
and my bike is a 2019 intense recluse with rockshock yari RC 27.5".
The wheel hubs match but im not sure about the steerer size
i know this is as obvious as it sounds but any help for my peace of mind is very much appreciated
any questions or tips please send em through,
cheers

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Based on what you've written they should fit.
Just be sure to consider the steerer length so you've got enough room for the head tube, headset, two to three spacers and the stem.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or a damper upgrade for your existing Yari since the chassis is not really a problem just the crap damper. You can put a Charger 2.1 in it for ~$400 ish or look at an aftermarket solution like an Avalanche or Fast YariUp damper.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unless you're specifically keen on Fox, Kashima, high & low speed compression and rebound, I'd go with the updated damper.

You've got a Lyrik chassis and just need a proper damper.

Whilst out of stock, this is what you need to look for.

Lyrik / Yari version.

Or check out Cyclinic and see what they're able to do?

yeh i am specifically keen on fox, the pokies provided me with the opportunity to get the forks ive been after for years, but thanks for the tip, ill keep it in mind when committing

PJO

in me vL comy
Also depending on how anal you are, the orange of the Fox is unlikely to match the orange on your Intense... :eek:

I’m in a similar position, I have a Yari 160mm 29er fork.

I want to upgrade the damper to a charger 2.1, but I’m unsure if I should go the RCT3 or the HSC-LSC. What’s the pros and cons of each one.

The other issue is finding them. Everywhere seems to be out of stock.

Last edited:
im 50/50 on getting the upgrade for the yari or going full send and buying completely new forks but the general consensus would be just to upgrade instead of replacing

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$399 for the RCT-3 kit from Pushys and Bike Bug, the one from Cyclinic has the hsc/lsc knob whatever model that is. If you are going that route I'd probably get the air side too along with some new seals and foam rings.
Don't be daunted by installing it, aside from a few basic tools it's not brain surgery you just need heaps of shop towels and brake clean (non chlorinated) and the SRAM docs which are pretty good.