Usb hub missing from device manager

Firstly, try this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and see what it says.

You probably already have, but turn off all unnecessary background processes. You could also allocate more ram to the game (will have to google as I can't remember how, or if you actually can for that matter).

I'd turn all the settings down a bit, LA Noir is a pretty graphical game. I'd get rid of anti aliasing, and turn some of the textures and shadows down. It won't look anywhere near as good as it could, but it should help a little.

If that site says your computer is up to the job, something else might be up.

I'm not that savvy with computers, but mine sucks so they're the things I try when trying to play a game.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a SATA hard drive running in an USB 3.0/2.0 compatible case, when I plug it into the USB 3.0 socket into my laptop it continually disconnects and reconnects and doesn't show up in "Computer", it works fine in the two USB 2.0 ports. When I had a lok in Device Manager to see what is going on I noticed it was only registering two of the three ports on my laptop, both are the USB 2.0 ports.
Can someone give me some instructions on how to fix this? I'm not overly computer literate so the more detailed the better.

rone

Eats Squid
I have a SATA hard drive running in an USB 3.0/2.0 compatible case, when I plug it into the USB 3.0 socket into my laptop it continually disconnects and reconnects and doesn't show up in "Computer", it works fine in the two USB 2.0 ports. When I had a lok in Device Manager to see what is going on I noticed it was only registering two of the three ports on my laptop, both are the USB 2.0 ports.
Can someone give me some instructions on how to fix this? I'm not overly computer literate so the more detailed the better.

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here's where it gets technical, the HDD is getting power and USB 2.0 devices work in the USB 3 port. Starting to frustrate me. the device connect/disconnect noise gets really annoying after the first 50 or so times....

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
What USB drive is it? A link would be great......

I'm guessing you have a drive that requires external power.

willsy01

Eats Squid
Usb 3.0 draws more power. A lot of these drive caddies need an additional usb plug to supply enough power to the drive.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Willsy is still right. The issue is it still can't draw enough power through the two USB cables plugged in.
I've had this issue a few times before. Your best bet is to buy a USB caddy that you can plug the drive into.
And through away the case thing!