V brake mount studs - removed

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Hey guys - need help/ideas. I've got a Apollo carbon frame with v brakes. I'm putting discs on (yes it has tabs also). When I remove the posts it naturally leaves two threaded holes. This is where I need help. Where can I get some rubber grommets/plugs to fill them?

Minlak

custom titis
Windscreen silicon fill up the holes neatly and boom tish magic grommets ... if ever need to use again pointy pliers will pull out the silicon likkity split...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i had some in a frame once so yeah, they're around. i'd say just go ask a couple of bike shops, surely they'd be able to give you something...

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
Damn I hadnt even though of the windscreen silicone, it would even be shiny a little.

Have been to a couple of LBSs in Canberra and pretty much all declare it an odd ball item and IF they were available they say they wouldn't stock anyway.

Minlak

custom titis
Damn I hadnt even though of the windscreen silicone, it would even be shiny a little.

Have been to a couple of LBSs in Canberra and pretty much all declare it an odd ball item and IF they were available they say they wouldn't stock anyway.
drop into bunnings there will be 50 different types of silicones for around $10 a tube or less choose 1 you like and squish away

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I beleive the holes are 10mm x 1mm pitch which is not a common thread. Rotor bols are 5mm....

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Take old mounting posts to bolt suppies shop. get same threaded bolts? I just got some M10 (i think) bolts with allen key head for the same purpose. The bolt shop had a sample board, I just screwed the posts into the sample board and read the size - easy.

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
You can get a kit that has a plug for the right hand hole and a hose guide for the left hand hole. I believe a shop in Dickson has some old stock of this item.

- Joel

Mtb1speed

Likes Dirt
You can get a kit that has a plug for the right hand hole and a hose guide for the left hand hole. I believe a shop in Dickson has some old stock of this item.

- Joel
Thanks Joel - I'll check with MA and see what they have. Haven't been in there of late, but trust them (which is a good thing) to have some of the odd ball stuff.