VDHS 14/15 Season

Koper25

Likes Dirt
VDHS race calendar has just been posted on their Facebook page for anyone interested. Can't wait to get back into it.

Here it is guys. The 2014/15 season schedule.

This season is all about rebuilding the series as other disciplines grow in popularity. We also look to grow our alliance with the MTBA and other industry bodies to build a stronger foundation for riders, sponsors and the future growth of our sport.

We at the VDHS, thank the committee and the clubs who have come together to bring this schedule to light. And will be going forward with a full launch in the coming weeks.

10419502_434426163367075_8860641657269452398_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/vicdhseries

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Any word on what track they're using at Youyangs? I've seen they've been working on bandages again...

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I thought there was a real negative opinion for the clubs to share a National round. And its interesting that the number of rounds have reduced.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'm not a fan of the lack of rounds.

I wonder how they'll fit everyone in at the you yangs. Nationals average 130 riders/round and the last vdhs you yangs round had 298 riders. It'll be a busy day.

From what I've seen on Facebook turbulence will be the you yangs track unless they finish their work on bandages.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I'm glad they put Buller back on the list, despite what some others think. Chairlifts are great, but so is the atmosphere on the mountain and the variety of riding on offer. I'll be sure to set up camp at Buller for a week or so around that race.

It's also disappointing that places like Narbethong, Kinglake and Granton aren't included. These tracks were much closer and more accessible (to some) than the far away mountain races which almost always require the devotion of a full weekend.

In any case, there's 3 really good races there that I'll try and attend. I'll be giving the You Yangs a miss though.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Yeah I'm not a fan of the lack of rounds.

I wonder how they'll fit everyone in at the you yangs. Nationals average 130 riders/round and the last vdhs you yangs round had 298 riders. It'll be a busy day.

From what I've seen on Facebook turbulence will be the you yangs track unless they finish their work on bandages.
One thing you can definitely count on is that Trav and the boys will have the shuttles dialled. Parking might be another issue but there's plenty of space there to handle it.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought there was a real negative opinion for the clubs to share a National round. And its interesting that the number of rounds have reduced.
Not from Vic so I have no idea how your clubs run down there, but what's the reasoning behind not wanting to have a joint VDHS and National race? From an outsiders point of view I'd have thought it'd be good as it would help increase the number of riders at a national round, helping to increase the standards of a series that hasn't been at its best the last few years though is admittedly improving, while getting some high level riders from other states that wouldn't normally attend a VDHS round.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Not from Vic so I have no idea how your clubs run down there, but what's the reasoning behind not wanting to have a joint VDHS and National race? From an outsiders point of view I'd have thought it'd be good as it would help increase the number of riders at a national round, helping to increase the standards of a series that hasn't been at its best the last few years though is admittedly improving, while getting some high level riders from other states that wouldn't normally attend a VDHS round.
Doesn't make sense to me either, providing the venue can cope with the traffic (youyangs crew are among the most dedicated and organised) it should be a good thing. Perhaps the series points might get confusing? Idk...

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Great, need to get onto some fitness training for the opening round... Fitness / pedalling > technical bike skill

Loudvq

Likes Dirt
It will probably do the nation series a favor having it along side a vdhs round at least people will turn up

dl79

Likes Dirt
I can't wait for some racing this summer!!
Personally I think the numbers were down last year as there were so many rounds and people couldn't commit to that much racing/cost. If not enough riders turn up, the clubs involved would lose money running the events and would not be super keen to host another round if they were going to lose out.
Hopefully with less rounds this year, all the riders in VIC can get out and race all rounds to keep the seres #1 in Aus where it belongs. If you don't support it, it may not be around for long.....

rollingrambo

Likes Dirt
I can't wait for some racing this summer!!
Personally I think the numbers were down last year as there were so many rounds and people couldn't commit to that much racing/cost. If not enough riders turn up, the clubs involved would lose money running the events and would not be super keen to host another round if they were going to lose out.
Hopefully with less rounds this year, all the riders in VIC can get out and race all rounds to keep the seres #1 in Aus where it belongs. If you don't support it, it may not be around for long.....
I've never raced the series before because of that exact reason of too many rounds and i could've only made it to half of them but i this time around i should be able to do them all