VDHS Rd2 Mt Tarrengower - Maldon.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After round one was done and dusted, round two is just around the corner.

Wombat Mtb is hosting the Maldon round of this seasons VDHS rd 2.

Plenty of time and money has been put into this track over the last couple of months to bring it up to a new level.

Expect plenty of changes.

Heres a Helmet Cam Preview courtesy of Wolfpack Racing and Contour Cameras.
Shown by trail builders Jack and Dan

[video=vimeo;50903640]https://vimeo.com/50903640[/video]

Base of Mt Tarrengower, Maldon

Directions

Under 2 hours from Melbourne!

20 minutes from Castlemaine

From Melbourne, head up the Calder Highway and take the exit to Castlemaine. Once in Castlemaine follow signs to Maldon

Parking

Plenty of room for everyone

Food & Drinks

Food and drinks will be available – Details to follow

* FREE CAMPING at Mt Tarrengower. Plenty of room for everyone.

Catering and entertainment on site

* Maldon accommodation options

Maldon information on 03 5475 2569 for all options

http://www.maldon.org.au/

* Castlemaine information – 1800 171 888

Friday

Course available for on foot inspection only (NO RIDING)

Saturday

0800 – 1600 Registration Open

0800 – 1000 Course available for on foot inspection

1000 – 1430 Official course practise (ALL GROUPS)

1430 – 1530 Official course practise (NO PRO GROUP)

1530 – 1630 Official course practise (PRO GROUP ONLY)

*Note: A diligent effort will be made by event organisers to police these groups on course to ensure all riders are given the best chance to complete full runs during practice.

PRO Group = Elite Men, Under 19 Men and Expert Men

Non Pro Group = all other categories

The Race Director has the ability to disqualify any rider that disobeys this rule. All Pro Group riders will have a colour coded race plate.

Sunday

0800 – 0900 Registration Open. (Entries after 0900 will not be accepted)

0800 – 1100 Official Course Practice (ALL GROUPS)

1115 Sharp. Rider Briefing at event central (All riders MUST attend)

1130 Racing Begins

Presentations will be held at the conclusion of the Elite Men’s final

Hope to see you all out there, this is going to be a super rad event. Get stoked!

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jack, you better be clear about this as I know quite a few people inc me who were going to head out there next Tuesday. On sunday the ranger approached us and said the track will be open after the weekend for riding, just not while the hippy fest is on, if the club would prefer no one to ride it before the race you need to get that communication out there otherwise there will be some pissed people who drove 2hrs to be told they cant ride.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jack, you better be clear about this as I know quite a few people inc me who were going to head out there next Tuesday. On sunday the ranger approached us and said the track will be open after the weekend for riding, just not while the hippy fest is on, if the club would prefer no one to ride it before the race you need to get that communication out there otherwise there will be some pissed people who drove 2hrs to be told they cant ride.
Like I said above. We would prefer if it wasn't ridden prior to the race to help keep the track in a better condition.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like I said above. We would prefer if it wasn't ridden prior to the race to help keep the track in a better condition.
I support any decision you guys make but just communicate it properly so every one is clear. It really is the clubs decision, not PV.