Velogear - bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well, can’t say I’ve seen a thread appear complaining about cable ends and / or items for $10.
There’s some troopers out there battlin’ to keep a store open and employ people and you’re whining over a fucking cable end?
Velogear have a history of fucking their customers around. no, not just over cable ends. I couldn't give a tuppeny fuck about cable ends. common as muck. easy to get anywhere.

moorey

call me Mia

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Well, can’t say I’ve seen a thread appear complaining about cable ends and / or items for $10.
There’s some troopers out there battlin’ to keep a store open and employ people and you’re whining over a fucking cable end?
Actually I've just supported a good store selling their items for a good price and am going to offer small packs to my fellow community members here because it's a great community and a reasonable price for small packs is hard to find it seems. 10 ends for $2.10 including post. 9c each for the ends (my cost), 1c picking fee, $1.10 postage stamp. Better than reasonable, almost a community service.

It has nothing to do with troopers battlin' to keep their business afloat. Is it ok for them to charge $1.99 for a single cable end? I don't think it is, the value of the item doesn't matter if you're being ripped off blind on it. Had they sent even a few, which is all I needed, and is still not exactly reasonable, but also not fucking ridiculous, I would have not said a word.

COVID19 has been quite good for those battlers, for my household it's meant a massive income hit, so explain to me why I should give them charity just because an item is under $10? I support MTB Direct, they are great as far as I am concerned, but I won't be buying cable ends off them for 89c each, and I think that's fair enough, and if others want to that's also fair enough.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Actually I've just supported a good store selling their items for a good price and am going to offer small packs to my fellow community members here because it's a great community and a reasonable price for small packs is hard to find it seems. 10 ends for $2.10 including post. 9c each for the ends (my cost), 1c picking fee, $1.10 postage stamp. Better than reasonable, almost a community service.

It has nothing to do with troopers battlin' to keep their business afloat. Is it ok for them to charge $1.99 for a single cable end? I don't think it is, the value of the item doesn't matter if you're being ripped off blind on it. Had they sent even a few, which is all I needed, and is still not exactly reasonable, but also not fucking ridiculous, I would have not said a word.

COVID19 has been quite good for those battlers, for my household it's meant a massive income hit, so explain to me why I should give them charity just because an item is under $10? I support MTB Direct, they are great as far as I am concerned, but I won't be buying cable ends off them for 89c each, and I think that's fair enough, and if others want to that's also fair enough.
I'd like to buy all your stock please. You can save on the packaging and postage and keep that as profit. I'll then chop these babies up and move them on for my original plan of millions! Form a line folks...a line designed to inflate the poodle's bank balance. I hear beach front housing on the central coast of NSW is going cheap...in moving up in the world!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I'd like to buy all your stock please. You can save on the packaging and postage and keep that as profit. I'll then chop these babies up and move them on for my original plan of millions! Form a line folks...a line designed to inflate the poodle's bank balance. I hear beach front housing on the central coast of NSW is going cheap...in moving up in the world!
Yep - some “never again seen” bargains around Wamberal...

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Pretty tempted to buy a pack of the gold ones. But I only need 5. It's still cheaper than buying them individually though and I can sell off the left overs for $1 each and come out ahead. PM to deal!
I reckon I've got 5 gold ones that I could pop in an envelope for you.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
super glue or similar works well on cable ends, just be careful not to get it on 2 adjacent fingers..have nail polish remover handy if you do

teK--

Eats Squid
In a pinch I've just use a rivet (them things you put in pop rivet guns). just use pliers to pull the pin out of the head, and then crimp the head over your gear cable as you would those overpriced $10.99 deals...

moorey

call me Mia
Last time I bought was off Wish. About $7 delivered for 50.
I’m still getting sexy spam adds from wish, so it’s the gift that keeps on giving.

slowmick

38-39"
I ordered a box of 100 from Pushy's for $8. When my order arrived someone packed a carton and I got 10 packs of 100. They were a bit surprised when I emailed to ask what they wanted me to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.