Ves 2014...

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Read my post again,i didnt say GMBC do nothing,i said "GMBC do no work",which isnt a problem,the trail crew prefers it that way.
Makes quality control much easier.

Anti GMBC,no just letting every one know the actual facts.
Get off your high horse Trav.

There are people from GMBC involved in the trail crew who do a fair amount of work at the You Yangs.

And I'm pretty sure they do more than drive a dozer and cut down trees.

trav

Likes Dirt
Get off your high horse Trav.

There are people from GMBC involved in the trail crew who do a fair amount of work at the You Yangs.

And I'm pretty sure they do more than drive a dozer and cut down trees.

Great story knackers, who told you that one?

Here is the facts.

Trail Crew,all non GMBC members ,but allways welcomed.

Now ,you get of your high horse ,get back to facts,not bull shit

Last edited:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Is this thread about the VES?

Yes it is, and the VES is awesome.

Arguing about the relative work contributions at the You Yangs is unedifying and reflects badly on those participating. Can I suggest either it is taken to PMs, taken to a new thread, or just stopped so the thread can return to purpose?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Is this thread about the VES?

Yes it is, and the VES is awesome.

Arguing about the relative work contributions at the You Yangs is unedifying and reflects badly on those participating. Can I suggest either it is taken to PMs, taken to a new thread, or just stopped so the thread can return to purpose?
Yes, well said. Now for the Crazy 6 hour what would you recommend. Hardtail or dually?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Yes, well said. Now for the Crazy 6 hour what would you recommend. Hardtail or dually?
Bring the hard tail but you need tall gearing. Don't bring a 1X system with a 30 or 32 tooth. You need more of a 36-38 range. You could even do it on a cyclocross bike(I wouldn't).

akashra

Eats Squid
Are we still doing the whole hardtail vs duallie argument, much like the "what tyres" argument, and has now gone in to the what gear ratio/single vs double/triple?! Isn't it each to their own, and every bike works differnetly for every rider, and most importantly try to have fun? I can only guess going as far as actually going out of your way to pick particular chanrings and cassettes is a joke that wore off somewhere along the way.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Are we still doing the whole hardtail vs duallie argument, much like the "what tyres" argument, and has now gone in to the what gear ratio/single vs double/triple?! Isn't it each to their own, and every bike works differnetly for every rider, and most importantly try to have fun? I can only guess going as far as actually going out of your way to pick particular chanrings and cassettes is a joke that wore off somewhere along the way.
Thanks for your input Tim. I only commented on the Crazy 6 as it's quite different to most tracks. As you know the crazy 6 track is fast and flat. Others may not have been there before.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Thanks for your input Tim. I only commented on the Crazy 6 as it's quite different to most tracks. As you know the crazy 6 track is fast and flat. Others may not have been there before.
As he said. Never rode there before, was just after a general consensus on what bike would suit the track. Hard tail it is....if I can attend.

sossy

Saucier
The good folk at GMBC have weaved the usual magic and have managed to avoid the issue of crowding when the 3 hour gets underway. The 3 hour event will use a seperate course, with only the final straight, timing and transition shared.

BOOM!!!

Awesome. Cannot wait to get amongst it on Sat.

paggnr

Likes Dirt
The good folk at GMBC have weaved the usual magic and have managed to avoid the issue of crowding when the 3 hour gets underway. The 3 hour event will use a seperate course, with only the final straight, timing and transition shared.

BOOM!!!

Awesome. Cannot wait to get amongst it on Sat.
Great solution

sossy

Saucier
Nope, 3 hour starting at 1pm. The biggest issue with starting earlier is seperating finishing riders and those only half way. With a 1pm start time, all riders finish at the same time.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
No Dust

I rode at the Plantation last Sunday after a sprinkle of rain the day before.
The track was grippy, not so slippy, not much dust, great to ride.
The weather forecast is showers on Thursday and Friday so by Saturday the track will be great for racing.
Can't wait.