VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

sossy

Saucier
Any idea where results are published?

GMBC website is having problems so ?????????

Cool your jets, at least give us a chance to pack up and get home!

Thanks to everyone who came out for the third and final round for 2012 - 13 of the Gazebo series. Rest assured the series will be back! It's just too much fun not to be!

The results are attached, hopefully our website is fixed shortly and all results will be uploaded there once its done.

But for your viewing pleasure:
The results from today:
View attachment gazebo 3 lap summary.pdf

Series results:
View attachment Gazebo 2013 Series Results.pdf

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all the GMBC race crew, not just for today, all 3 of the gazebo races were great fun and well run

tomi_g

Likes Bikes
+1 to that. Great day and thanks to all the organisers.

Much more fun than the Odyssey and less than 1/4 of the price!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My first 3 hours event and had a great time. Really enjoyed it. I thought the set up and organisation was pretty smick.

Many thanks to GMTB for organising and the marshals for their time.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I'm really disappointed.I think the Geelong crew really dropped the ball yesterday. With the Air Show on nearby I was sure GMBC would have had enough influence and organisational skills to arrange some low level fly overs from some fast jets. It would have been pretty cool to get buzzed by a Super Hornet or a F-22 while going down those rocks. Instead all I saw was a C-130. Yawn. Please do better next time.
But the race, track and event were top notch. It was good to get in a bit of climbing and some rocks. I hate rocks. I did see a couple of stacks and one gent bleeding from the face. I hope no serious injuries were sustained and chicks dig scars.
Thanks to the GMBC crew for a great race and awesome series. If I can find it in my heart to forgive the lack of fast jets, I'll be back.

Q: Whats the difference between a private run marathon race and a GMBC club race?
A: About $100.

serowe

Likes Dirt
Images are now available at http://www.mtb-images.com.au - look for the Gazebo 3x3 Round 3 link towards the bottom of the page (Round 2 link i also still available on the main page btw).

At this stage images are shown purely in order of time taken and have NOT been culled for those that shouldn't be there (out of focus, loss of head or legs etc) - I'll do this today when I name all the images and re-upload them sometime this afternoon (there are close to 1500 images and the slowest part of this process is uploading them to the web site - it take between 2 and 5 hours depending on net traffic!)

Have to say I was surprised at the sheer number of competitors on the first lap - every time I thought 'That must the lot' more riders came through and, in the rock garden at least, everyone took it at their own ability (I only saw two falls on the first lap and, yep, sorry guys, I caught both in their entire sequence - no names, you know who you are :tape: ). But - to the 1% who seem to think everyone has to get out of their way when they are coming through, there are ways to ask and some of the 'commands' that could be heard definately weren't 'sportsmanlike' Chill out a bit and make it pleasurable for everyone. You aren't racing for sheep stations and you weren't anywhere near the pointy end either!

Finally - apologies to anyone my dog licked on the leg - seems he has a penchant for shaved legs :) You have now been warned!!

ringburner

Likes Bikes
I have to agree!

Thanks to all the GMBC race crew, not just for today, all 3 of the gazebo races were great fun and well run
Great series, great racing, well run. Really enjoyed the night ride, not too often I get a chance to race at night. Thanks GMBC - I will be back next year for certain.

cozzal

Squid
Images are now available at http://www.mtb-images.com.au - look for the Gazebo 3x3 Round 3 link towards the bottom of the page (Round 2 link i also still available on the main page btw).

Have to say I was surprised at the sheer number of competitors on the first lap - every time I thought 'That must the lot' more riders came through and, in the rock garden at least, everyone took it at their own ability (I only saw two falls on the first lap and, yep, sorry guys, I caught both in their entire sequence - no names, you know who you are :tape: ).
Heh heh. I'll admit one of those stacks was me. Way too many photos of that. My own fault for following the two riders in front way too closely. I only copped a few scratches but shredded my derailleur cable and had to complete the race without granny gears. Thanks to everyone that stopped to check I was OK and for being patient while I got going again. Nailed the rock gardens every other lap but of course that isn't on camera ;).

Thanks to GMBC for running another awesome race.

serowe

Likes Dirt
After a LOT of messing about all images now have riders names allocated to them, so at http://www.mtb-images.com.au Gazebo 3x3 Round 3 are all now named.

(Apologies for the delay - the author of the software I use to generate the web site insists that no one should ever have more than 1000 images in a photographic site! Funny how the real world is sometimes different from what these people want...)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Have to say I was surprised at the sheer number of competitors on the first lap - every time I thought 'That must the lot' more riders came through and, in the rock garden at least, everyone took it at their own ability
No different being a rider... I got baulked by traffic at the main drop-off on Lactic Acid on the first lap, so couldn't ride it & walked down. Looked back to see another couple of riders setting up to ride it, so I pulled over. About 20 riders later I had enough room to get on & get pedalling again....

Finally - apologies to anyone my dog licked on the leg - seems he has a penchant for shaved legs :) You have now been warned!!
Dog almost got run over by me at one of the access road crossings on the Quarry Pit section of the loop! Hope it didn't get too much of a scare!

serowe

Likes Dirt
Dog almost got run over by me at one of the access road crossings on the Quarry Pit section of the loop! Hope it didn't get too much of a scare!
Apologies for this - I usually walk against the traffic so I can see what is coming but, if I remember the location correctly, you can up behind me rather quietly :lol: and caught me by surprise. Whether I have the dog or not I try to stay right off the track.

Again - apologies and hopefully, it won't happen again.

akashra

Eats Squid
No different being a rider... I got baulked by traffic at the main drop-off on Lactic Acid on the first lap, so couldn't ride it & walked down. Looked back to see another couple of riders setting up to ride it, so I pulled over. About 20 riders later I had enough room to get on & get pedalling again....
First three laps or so we had traffic, and frankly, who cares whether it's ridden or more caution taken. While most will happily stay out of the way where they can, abusing riders because they're mid way through falling sideways from stuffing up sections - it's just not on. Believe it was the first or second lap at the second section of Lactic I saw this.
Unfortunately on a number of laps there were riders who wanted to complain at others in front who wanted to take the safer option, some even complaining after they weren't smart enough to leave distance to the riders in front should anything go wrong (which I saw happen a few riders ahead on I think the second lap?). I copped it, others copped it... the level of aggro in races is just getting out of hand - and we're talking riders who are 'racing' for 30th and 40th in B grade.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
First three laps or so we had traffic, and frankly, who cares whether it's ridden or more caution taken. While most will happily stay out of the way where they can, abusing riders because they're mid way through falling sideways from stuffing up sections - it's just not on. Believe it was the first or second lap at the second section of Lactic I saw this.
Unfortunately on a number of laps there were riders who wanted to complain at others in front who wanted to take the safer option, some even complaining after they weren't smart enough to leave distance to the riders in front should anything go wrong (which I saw happen a few riders ahead on I think the second lap?). I copped it, others copped it... the level of aggro in races is just getting out of hand - and we're talking riders who are 'racing' for 30th and 40th in B grade.
With so many people racing, perhaps have a longer prologue section with some climbing to string the field out a bit? Perhaps use Vomit hill or something? No idea if that's practical - just a thought :)

bunchie34

Likes Dirt
With so many people racing, perhaps have a longer prologue section with some climbing to string the field out a bit? Perhaps use Vomit hill or something? No idea if that's practical - just a thought :)
Wouldn't matter to the determined dickheads.

Haters gonna hate.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
I thought the track was awesome! It was just obvious that there was a great variety in technical skill levels. No issue, it goes both ways...learning to pass, and learning to be passed. I know when I have faster riders behind me I just pull to the side a bit and tell them to through, and if I have to stop for an obstacle I do so OFF the track and alert the riders behind that I am going to do so. Stopping infront of someone with no warning is just bloody dangerous. For both riders. Another great GMBC event :)

akashra

Eats Squid
Wouldn't matter to the determined dickheads.

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah, it had nothing to do with rider spacing - by the end of the second lap it was pretty spread out, and I had a virtually clear run for lap three. There's just always one or two people who think that because they can't climb, they get the right to mouth off at people who don't descend as well - or vice-versa (though rarer in the latter category).
A couple of the A-graders left a lot to be desired when coming through lapping riders on the climbs.

Stopping infront of someone with no warning is just bloody dangerous. For both riders. Another great GMBC event :)
Yeah, but so too is not leaving space to adjust to any change of conditions. People don't (always) actively choose to fail to ride a line they've attempted... and I'm pretty sure they don't go over the bars of fall sideways in a planned fashion.