VIC VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th , Fri Feb 8th , Sat March 2nd

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
VIC 3x3 Gazebo Series. Sat Dec 8th X Fri Feb 8th x Sat March 2nd

YEP the 3 x 3 Gazebo races are Back Back and Back
3 Races
3 hours each
Over 3 months

– 3hr solo Enduro events at the You Yangs Regional Park. These low, key, fun events were such a big hit last season we have to do it all again!

Event 1: Saturday December 8, 9am start from the Kurrajong Picnic Ground
Event 2: Friday February 8, 7pm start (yes you will need lights!) from the Duck Ponds School
Event 3: Saturday March 2, 9am start from the Stockyards race village

Categories: A, B, C and Women’s grade solo 3hr
Junior solo 1hr (12-14yrs)
Junior solo 2hr (15-18yrs)

Single Event entry: $25 for GMBC seniors, $30 other MTBA seniors, $45 non-MTBA seniors (includes day permit). Juniors - $10 for MTBA members, $15 for non-MTBA members (includes day permit).

Or buy a Series entry! – 3 events for only $60 (GMBC), $75 (other MTBA), $25 (MTBA juniors).

Non-MTBA members can buy a series entry and 1yr MTBA membership for only $170.

more info on the club FB page and also on the www.gmbc.com.au web site

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
3 races, for 3 hours The GMBC Gazebo series.

3 races, for 3 hours The GMBC Gazebo series.
is 3 your lucky number ?
Do you have a 3 x 3 meter pop up Gazebo?
Do you want to race for three hours?
In 3 Different months,

Then Geelong Mountain bike club has the 3 x 3 x 3 Gazebo Series.

More information to follow in 3 min, 3 days or 3 weeks.
Go to www.GMBC.com.au

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
17 days to go. the race is SAT Morning so riders will be free for Arvo Xmas fun!

Hi there folks.

A few riders have been asking about dates. Here is a reminder that our 3 hour Gazebo race is on in 17 days.
Sat morning 9 am start , Dec 8th.

It is only 3 hours so you will be finished by lunch time, therefore you will still be able to make xmas office parties, xmas family BBQ's etc on Sat Arvo and Sunday. That should keep all non bike crew happy.

:amen::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::juggle::kev::cheer2::clap2::yo::rockon:

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I did the first one last summer, spitting chips that I wasn't able to do the others. Planning on rectifying that this time around. :smile:

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
details

this sounds awsome im definately in does the membership allow you to race in other races ???
it is basic low cost fun racing for 3 hours,

anyway here are all the details, but to answer your question if you are a GMBC member it only costs $25 per race or a crazy cheap $60 for all three races. ( usually that is waht we pay for one race)
As it is a low cost fun event we are aslo always on the look out for crew who enjoy doing a bit before during or after a race , like pick up arrows or help pack up, further if you have a friend who is not racing and can write a few numbers down in the timing tent etc then we would love to see them. It is such a fun race a lot of the committee including me want to race this year.

here are all the details.

The Gazebo Series Rd 1 3hr Solo Enduro is fast approaching - Saturday 8 December, 9am race start from the Kurrajong Picnic Ground at the You Yangs. It will be fun, low key club racing, so get yourself out there and have a blast.
Categories: A, B, C and Women’s grade solo 3hr; Junior solo 1hr (12-14yrs);

Single Event entry: $25 for GMBC seniors, $30 other MTBA seniors, $45 non-MTBA seniors (includes day permit). Juniors - $10 for MTBA members, $15 for non-MTBA members (includes day permit).
Or buy a Series entry! – 3 events for only $60 (GMBC), $75 (other MTBA), $25 (MTBA juniors). Event dates: Friday 8 Feb 2013 (evening) & Saturday 2 Mar 2013.
Non-MTBA members can buy a series entry and 1yr MTBA membership for only $180.
On the day entry only - Rego will open at 7.15am and close promptly at 8.15am. DON'T be LATE!* To speed up things at Rego, fill in the attached entry form and send it back to us or bring it along on the day.
NB: There will also be a Dirt Squirts event for the under 12’s at 1.45pm (more info to come!)
Check out more info at www.gmbc.com.au <http://www.gmbc.com.au> or ring us on the club phone 0407 433682
See you all there!

crim 87

Likes Dirt
it is basic low cost fun racing for 3 hours,

anyway here are all the details, but to answer your question if you are a GMBC member it only costs $25 per race or a crazy cheap $60 for all three races. ( usually that is waht we pay for one race)
As it is a low cost fun event we are aslo always on the look out for crew who enjoy doing a bit before during or after a race , like pick up arrows or help pack up, further if you have a friend who is not racing and can write a few numbers down in the timing tent etc then we would love to see them. It is such a fun race a lot of the committee including me want to race this year.

here are all the details.

The Gazebo Series Rd 1 3hr Solo Enduro is fast approaching - Saturday 8 December, 9am race start from the Kurrajong Picnic Ground at the You Yangs. It will be fun, low key club racing, so get yourself out there and have a blast.
Categories: A, B, C and Women’s grade solo 3hr; Junior solo 1hr (12-14yrs);

Or buy a Series entry! – 3 events for only $60 (GMBC), $75 (other MTBA), $25 (MTBA juniors). Event dates: Friday 8 Feb 2013 (evening) & Saturday 2 Mar 2013.
Non-MTBA members can buy a series entry and 1yr MTBA membership for only $180.
On the day entry only - Rego will open at 7.15am and close promptly at 8.15am. DON'T be LATE!* To speed up things at Rego, fill in the attached entry form and send it back to us or bring it along on the day.
NB: There will also be a Dirt Squirts event for the under 12’s at 1.45pm (more info to come!)
Check out more info at www.gmbc.com.au <http://www.gmbc.com.au> or ring us on the club phone 0407 433682
See you all there!

awsome what i meant was once you have the gmbc membership does that entitle you to race in other meets and different events around vic throughout the year ?? cheers

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
race insurance

sure does.
Hi Crim.

When you join a MT Bike Club , any Mt Bike club in Australia not just Geelong, which is affiliated with Mountain Bike Australia Asc. (MTBA) most of the money goes to MTBA for a 12 month racing license, which includes insurance. In brief this means you don't have to purchase a Day License at any MTBA affiliated event you enter for the next 12 months. You cannot race at a MTBA event without insurance so you either have to be a member of a club or purchase a day license at each event you enter.

Hopefully all the questions are answered here in better detail.
http://www.gmbc.com.au/membership/membership.html

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Hi Crim.

When you join a MT Bike Club , any Mt Bike club in Australia not just Geelong, which is affiliated with Mountain Bike Australia Asc. (MTBA) most of the money goes to MTBA for a 12 month racing license, which includes insurance. In brief this means you don't have to purchase a Day License at any MTBA affiliated event you enter for the next 12 months. You cannot race at a MTBA event without insurance so you either have to be a member of a club or purchase a day license at each event you enter.

Hopefully all the questions are answered here in better detail.
http://www.gmbc.com.au/membership/membership.html

awsome thanks heaps guys for your help , thought that was the case but just wanted to check. is it cool if i just pay for the race and get a day license on the day ?? def going to get a membership just a bit strapped for cash at the min

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
yes

awsome thanks heaps guys for your help , thought that was the case but just wanted to check. is it cool if i just pay for the race and get a day license on the day ?? def going to get a membership just a bit strapped for cash at the min
thats cool crim what ever suits

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, any course information available for Round 1 this Saturday?

Cheers,

Dean.
hi dean
It is pretty much the same track as last year. Al is putting the track together and he put it together last year for the round one race , I will email him and see if i can get some more info for you,

thanks

sossy

Saucier
For those planning on racing this weekend, and let's face it, who isn't? Be sure to bring plenty of water as there is no water available at the Youies and the forecast is currently for 30!

Course is the same as last year, up the single track, down the single track, up the road, back into the single track, then some more single track, then some more road. Repeat. :)

hi dean
It is pretty much the same track as last year. Al is putting the track together and he put it together last year for the round one race , I will email him and see if i can get some more info for you,

thanks
Thanks guys. I wasn't there for round 1 last year, mainly just wanted to know if the whole course is within Kurrajong side. My brain needs special preparation if I have to deal with any Stockyards rocks (not to mention bike choice)!

Cheers,

Dean.

Knut

Troll hunter
Course is the same as last year, up the single track, down the single track, up the road, back into the single track, then some more single track, then some more road. Repeat. :)
Sounds like a Forrest race. Including singletrack.