[VIC] Maldon Downhill Race 8th and 9th of January 2011!!!

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Some tool has been camping there for over a month and had the cheek to say the shuttle was causing too much dust (massive caravan + Ford F something), so spin the wheels and annoy the prick.
If said tool is there on saturday/sunday. I will have this covered.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Sorry, haven't check this thread in a while. But do we have like an official flyer or registration site or anything..bit more official than a Rotorburn thread for this race? Which club is running the race/shuttles?

Should be a sweet race, be interesting to ride a new track
Hey mate there is a facebook page and and Flyer which has been floating around.
Here's a link to the facebook page.http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=app_2915120374#!/event.php?eid=163405920369889

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
We have been working on hill flat out, so if your up there look at stuff before you ride it.
If anyone needs more info about the event email me or call 0423388167.

See you next weekend.
cheers
Russ

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
fingers crossed they dont call a total fire ban for the area???
I think the wind has a lot to do with the Code Red stuff.
I was there on Friday last week and it was hot but the wind was low - farkin hot mind you by the time we left.

Haven't seen it closed for that yet and with the forecast wind it should be ok.

Maldon is only closed on Code Red and not total fire ban days.

Last edited:

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the wind has a lot to do with the Code Red stuff.
I was there on Friday last week and it was hot but the wind was low - farkin hot mind you by the time we left.

Haven't seen it closed for that yet and with the forecast wind it should be ok.

Maldon is only closed on Code Red and not total fire ban days.
There was a fire truck that day just driving around the area?

oetkb

Likes Bikes
Hot!! You little ripper I'm sick of riding on muddy sloppy D.H tracks in the rain where the lines keep changing throughout the day. Add that to the fact that I wont have to wash all the mud off my bike at the end of each day and I'm a happy little racer.
Besides it's not like I have to ride up the hill.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the majority of vic riders are looking forward to some dusty and loose riding, bring it on!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Sound be a killer weekend! so excited for it, tracks are riding amazingly well at the moment!

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We'll have a workshop set up there as well, with a professional mechanic working away, so there'll be the chance for repairs and spare parts.
Rick @Fearless will also have a set up, so make sure you go to check out his gear.

See you on the weekend!