Vorsprung Suspension Corset Fox Air Shock Upgrade

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
this sounds interesting ... very tempted to get one. I'm a pretty small guy, only 60-65kg, so I'm always looking for ways to run a little more pressure.

Running a Rocky Mountain Altitude with Float-X (type 2 -Progressive?)... so from what I've read is that I'll be able to run more pressure, but I'll lose the end of my travel?
have I interpreted this correctly?

If so anyone know how much I'd be looking at losing?

this sounds interesting ... very tempted to get one. I'm a pretty small guy, only 60-65kg, so I'm always looking for ways to run a little more pressure.

Running a Rocky Mountain Altitude with Float-X (type 2 -Progressive?)... so from what I've read is that I'll be able to run more pressure, but I'll lose the end of my travel?
have I interpreted this correctly?

If so anyone know how much I'd be looking at losing?
Im running the Altitude 770, no issues. May have to tune the shock slightly, but I think you will find you'll get through your travel fine.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Im running the Altitude 770, no issues. May have to tune the shock slightly, but I think you will find you'll get through your travel fine.
Thanks mate, I have the 770 too. When you say tune do you mean basic air pressure/rebound adjustment? I've got the CTD remote, which kinda limits fine tuning?

Worthwhile upgrade? or more of a nice to have?

Thanks mate, I have the 770 too. When you say tune do you mean basic air pressure/rebound adjustment? I've got the CTD remote, which kinda limits fine tuning?

Worthwhile upgrade? or more of a nice to have?
Basic air/ rebound adjustments can only do so much, Id say try the corset, and see how you go. run a volume reducer and set sag at 30%. If you are still not running through the travel, try a custom tune, and play with the velocity side of things. NS Dynamics, or Tekin can do this for you. To get the tune and shock perfect, its good to get ride of the remote CTD function, and go standard with trail adjust. I still run the remote, but i use a shimano XT 3X shifter as my remote lever, and I find no issues with custom tunes.

The corset is a worthwhile investment that is nice to have, provides so much more mid stroke support (as every post says). I find i ran through the travel too much (90kg @240psi) with the standard can, the corset just added so much more support, especially hucking off gutters!

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Installed my corset and it feels awesome, though its seems really harsh at the end stroke on big hits. Not sure if im bottoming out running to lower pressure or if its just the stiffer end ramping im feeling, any ideas? On a SC solo so its not a huge amount of travel either.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Are you runnning 30% sag? Did you feel a harsh metallic bottom out?
No idea what sag im running, i set it up based solely on feel as always. It does feel pretty harsh but not like a solid clunk, I am however running 1 medium sized volume spacer as that was part of the custom tune that the bike came with.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Basic air/ rebound adjustments can only do so much, Id say try the corset, and see how you go. run a volume reducer and set sag at 30%. If you are still not running through the travel, try a custom tune, and play with the velocity side of things. NS Dynamics, or Tekin can do this for you. To get the tune and shock perfect, its good to get ride of the remote CTD function, and go standard with trail adjust. I still run the remote, but i use a shimano XT 3X shifter as my remote lever, and I find no issues with custom tunes.

The corset is a worthwhile investment that is nice to have, provides so much more mid stroke support (as every post says). I find i ran through the travel too much (90kg @240psi) with the standard can, the corset just added so much more support, especially hucking off gutters!
I thought I read somewhere to remove any volume reducers for the corsets? maybe I read wrong ... but I've been adviced before about a volume reducer since I'm only 65gk ish, running around 150psi.
Great idea with the XT shifter... I'm guessing that the amount of cable pull determines how open the shock will be? and the pre-sets will differ from the FOX remote... so theoretically, not that you would ever run this, a multi-speed shifter will allow more in-between adjustments?

You've sold me... probably need it more for the town bike, which spends much of it's time hucking off gutters.

Justin LaFord

Cannon Fodder
Bike = Yeti SB66 w Fox Float ctd previously running 190psi and spacer #4 in the 5 piece kit.
Put on the corset and running the same volume spacer and 240 and feels great. Did short trip around the block with a couple rollers and jumps/drops. Feels much better. With gear and fluids i'm probably right around 100kgs. If you guys haven't played with the volume spacers I would consider it. They are easy to change and help ramp up the end stroke of the shock to help prevent bottom out.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm still not sure why I'm having to run 270PSI and the largest volume spacer on my 650b Enduro to stop it bottoming out easily with the Corset (I'm 73kg kitted up), but I have read that it's possible my shock needs a 'nitrogen recharge'. Has anyone ever needed such a thing before? I'm guessing this relates to the overall speed/dampening of the shaft.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm still not sure why I'm having to run 270PSI and the largest volume spacer on my 650b Enduro to stop it bottoming out easily with the Corset (I'm 73kg kitted up), but I have read that it's possible my shock needs a 'nitrogen recharge'. Has anyone ever needed such a thing before? I'm guessing this relates to the overall speed/dampening of the shaft.
Don't have to use nitrogen, can just pump with air.