Vorsprung Suspension Corset Fox Air Shock Upgrade

moman

Likes Dirt
I don't have the cash for a nitrogen service at the moment :(

Anyone here have a spare small or medium volume reducer for an rp23 they be willing to part with for beer money?

Where is a good place to pick up a Spacer or two to help my rp23 ramp up a bit more?
Did you just email Tekin? I have a Volume reducer, except its all packed up in storage til we step into our new shop on wednesday. Rockshox IFP chambers re inflatable by air, fox nitrogen. Please dont put volume reducers in the lower shaft / IFP body, only air can.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 2013 Orange 5 with Float X.

So I'm fairly sure I'll be after the 7.5" x 1.75/2" size?

Also just out of curiosity, what will the major affects be for a single pivot suspension setup?

Making the rear end feel more like what it should? Linear?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a 2013 Orange 5 with Float X.

So I'm fairly sure I'll be after the 7.5" x 1.75/2" size?

Also just out of curiosity, what will the major affects be for a single pivot suspension setup?

Making the rear end feel more like what it should? Linear?

Have a thorough read of this post http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?290178-Vorsprung-Suspension-Corset-Fox-Air-Shock-Upgrade&p=2938180&viewfull=1#post2938180

Looking at ths website, http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Orange, it looks like your frame has a fairly linear leverage ratio (3rd graph down) but it is ever so slightly digressive (2.7-2.82). It should have simillar characteristics to the linear frame from that earlier post eg SB66.

Only thing I can think of that may not be ideal is that it will be easier to bottom out but you could add a volume reducing spacer to aid with ramp up toward the end of travel if you have an issue with that.

Yes it looks like the shock is a 7.5x2 also.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a thorough read of this post http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?290178-Vorsprung-Suspension-Corset-Fox-Air-Shock-Upgrade&p=2938180&viewfull=1#post2938180

Looking at ths website, http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Orange, it looks like your frame has a fairly linear leverage ratio (3rd graph down) but it is ever so slightly digressive (2.7-2.82). It should have simillar characteristics to the linear frame from that earlier post eg SB66.

Only thing I can think of that may not be ideal is that it will be easier to bottom out but you could add a volume reducing spacer to aid with ramp up toward the end of travel if you have an issue with that.

Yes it looks like the shock is a 7.5x2 also.
Thanks very much, mate.

I've done a fair bit of research using your post and other sources. I'm convinced my frame type will benefit substantially from the Vorsprung sleeve.

Just ordered mine from Tekin!

simon21

Likes Bikes
Would it be worth thing about one of these for an evo ctd? Or should i just be saving for a flat out better shock?

Would it be worth thing about one of these for an evo ctd? Or should i just be saving for a flat out better shock?
for $165, the corset will turn the ever unfunctioning CTD EVO into a shock plusher than your mums pillow. Although, its not going to solve the issues of the EVO system. In saying that, a service + Corset will make the shock feel unreal. If price is not issue, just wait until the new fox gear is out, comes standard with the EVOL can #onyafox . If you ware willing to part with around $300 to get you serviced + corset installed, thats also an option cheaper than a new shock.

your m8, Brad.

simon21

Likes Bikes
for $165, the corset will turn the ever unfunctioning CTD EVO into a shock plusher than your mums pillow. Although, its not going to solve the issues of the EVO system. In saying that, a service + Corset will make the shock feel unreal. If price is not issue, just wait until the new fox gear is out, comes standard with the EVOL can #onyafox . If you ware willing to part with around $300 to get you serviced + corset installed, thats also an option cheaper than a new shock.

your m8, Brad.
Thks dawg.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Massive props to Udi for fitting and setting up my Corset Sleeve this afternoon.

If you're in Brisbane and need a wizard to work some magic on your suspension (Fox especially) get in contact with him!

placebo

Likes Dirt
Personally, with the poor evo damper I'd just get a better shock. The vorsprung can is a real improvement over the stock fox cans, absolutely no doubt about that. I changed my main bike from a pivot firebird with a cane creek coil shock to a pivot mach 6 with the fox float x ctd, and pretty much thought it sucked. The corset fixed the air spring deficiencies, but the stock cnbf tune on the shock was highlighted as poor. The stock tune has since been changed by pivot. I've gone back to the CCDB air I had replaced it with before the corset, because a better damper makes a bigger improvement than a better spring on a mach 6. If your shock is lacking in both areas, it's probably more cost effective just to get a better unit. I think vorsprung said they will do a can for the ccdb, and I'll definately get one of these, if they don't I'll give a fox dhx2 air a try.

mason33

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if there an Australian stock/dealer of the vorsprung corset?

And are there any benefits this air sleeve has over the the fox evol which is available through ns dynamics in Brisbane for $180?

sedifus

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know if there an Australian stock/dealer of the vorsprung corset?

And are there any benefits this air sleeve has over the the fox evol which is available through ns dynamics in Brisbane for $180?
Tekin in Melbourne had a few, not sure about stock though

Irck

Likes Bikes
Did you end up getting the sleeve? I've got a 2014 Stumpy Evo 29 with that shitty Custom FOX Float CTD Evolution. Hoping to hear some good feedback from people who've swapped in a Corset.

simon21

Likes Bikes
I haven't... yet. My shocks due for a service so it might happen within the next few months. Just need some cashola first.

NorcoDH

Squid
Vorsprung Corset

Hi All,

Just wanting to know whether these are purchased through Tekin or direct with Vorsprung in Canada ?

Cheers