Warby

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
It's looking like Matt's two tracks and the Crusher loop are being considered for legalization/approval.

Lala seems to be out cause of the road crossing primarily.

Proposed/recommended at a recent council meeting that 300k go toward design and planning.

It appears it was voted on, and passed without opposition... So the design and planning process can finally begin.

Last edited:

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
It's looking like Matt's two tracks and the Crusher loop are being considered for legalization/approval.

Lala seems to be out cause of the road crossing primarily.

Proposed/recommended at a recent council meeting that 300k go toward design and planning.

It appears it was voted on, and passed without opposition... So the design and planning process can finally begin.

Thanks for the update Ezkaton. Hoping that Warby is bigger and better for it. So many man hours went in to that area, I find it hard to believe that it has even taken this long.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
All good man.
If not already, join the YRMTB Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/YRMTB/

Doug from Cog Bike Cafe in Warby and a couple others post updates when anything important happens.
Becoming a financial member to help support the cause is only $20 for the year too. :whip:

teK--

Eats Squid
Thanks for the updates looking forward to the day we can legally ride these trails again!

They should turn the road crossing on Lala into a road gap jump :D

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Haha that's a good way to stop 95% of riders from riding Lala. :p

Have you ridden Matt's 'new' track?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Haha that's a good way to stop 95% of riders from riding Lala. :p

Have you ridden Matt's 'new' track?

Easy access for the ambulance, I don't see any issues. Mates and I are hanging for the office word Warby is open again.

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Easy access for the ambulance, I don't see any issues. Mates and I are hanging for the office word Warby is open again.
Man I am the same. Over the last couple it had become my all time fav place to ride. I would drive there at 5:30 am to do sectioned push runs before work.
Did not get the chance to ride Matts new track but looking forward to it.

Cheers

Rich

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
That's a lot.
You'd be surprised how little 300k will buy you. Look at the Kinglake track for example. I believe that cost about 4 times as much.

Leave it they way it is. No cash required. Perfect. Let Matt and the other track builders pocket the 300k for their time and effort over the years. Now that is money well spent.

Rich

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Speaking of which, anyone heard anything about the other tracks planned for Kinglake; if/when?
Yeah bit wierd that they're displayed on the trail map sign, but aren't there yet.

We went exploring on the other side of the car park on a Blue Dirt shuttle day and found another trail that appeared to be quite old, but very much reminded me of Warby.

Had some cool shit in there but just abruptly ended and we had to turn around and push up to get back out.

Would be awesome to see that continued and finished!

I think the You Yangs guys have taken over the KingLake track now... Dunno if that's purely for maintenance and changes to the existing main track or to assist in the creation of new stuff, but interesting either way.