Warrandyte and surrounds

RazeR

Likes Dirt
Hi all

I am posting this for a friend who has recently become involved in a project to develop infrastructure for some mountain bike tracks within Warrandyte. These will also involve the linking up of the Main Yarra trail from Beasley's Nursery into Warrandyte. This is a very exciting time for Mtber's in and around our community as we have so many fantastic areas to create some amazing tracks to ride right outside our doorstep.

This project will also help to make Warrandyte an Mtb destination, creating more opportunities for local businesses.

As a long term project, it is going to take lots of time and resources to get up and running. Connections have already been made with Ryan Smith, our local MP and Minister For The Environment. Meetings are being co-ordinated with Ryan and the director of Parks Victoria.

What we need from riders at this time is feedback to take to the authorities. Please help by completing this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BJSP2XS

many thanks
Andrew

John U

MTB Precision
Does the other option need its' own check box? My attempt isn't saving when I just enter in the other field

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
1st question in survey won't allow you to submit if you've entered/typed in 'other' FYI...

creole

Likes Bikes
Nice. Looking forward to whatever is planned. Hopefully not all lycra XC oriented. The area needs a little gravity please!

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be great to formalise the track around Tikalara homestead then be able to get through Warrandyte to Smiths Gully!

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Done. I just entered the nearest suburb to me, Wonga Park

Also, maybe edit the title and put survey in it, so people who are only browsing have the chance to fill it out.

monc

Likes Dirt
Done, also entered the suburb nearest.

You also could have asked "would you be interested in helping on working bees to build/maintain any trails" Answer is Yes.

Beej1

I remember many moons ago a mate and I extended our regular Yarra Trails ride from Rosanna to Hans/Pink Ribbon return, and instead just kept going after discovering the singletrack at the top of the stairs next to Crystal Brook caravan park. We found singletrack on either side of Warrandyte Rd and made it all the way to the Warrandyte State Park off Whipstick Gully Rd where we'd heard there were some DH trails to check out. We rode past the park office and up to the top of the hill, found the DH trail and were having a break before heading down when the ranger drives up next to us and says in a friendly manner "You guys weren't about to go down that illegal trail, were you?"

Long story short he was a nice guy who kindly asked us not to use that trail, and just ride around the fireroads in the park which we did, before discovering more ST alongside Gold Memorial Rd and beyond.

It's a lovely area and I hope it all gets moving along the way you want RazeR. The fact you can ride between the Yarra Trails and the Warrandyte network along mostly-singletrack is pretty cool.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Whipstick DH track is about 25 seconds worth of great fun! :) That neck of the woods has some great fire-roads to practice MTB climbing (mineshaft area of the park). The DM cycles weekly ride goes past some "new" sections around Pigeonbank road... Yes, it is a gorgeous neck of the woods if I say so myself! :)

I remember many moons ago a mate and I extended our regular Yarra Trails ride from Rosanna to Hans/Pink Ribbon return, and instead just kept going after discovering the singletrack at the top of the stairs next to Crystal Brook caravan park. We found singletrack on either side of Warrandyte Rd and made it all the way to the Warrandyte State Park off Whipstick Gully Rd where we'd heard there were some DH trails to check out. We rode past the park office and up to the top of the hill, found the DH trail and were having a break before heading down when the ranger drives up next to us and says in a friendly manner "You guys weren't about to go down that illegal trail, were you?"

Long story short he was a nice guy who kindly asked us not to use that trail, and just ride around the fireroads in the park which we did, before discovering more ST alongside Gold Memorial Rd and beyond.

It's a lovely area and I hope it all gets moving along the way you want RazeR. The fact you can ride between the Yarra Trails and the Warrandyte network along mostly-singletrack is pretty cool.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Big AC took me out there on the weekend but i have no idea where i was. So glad he wasnt a serial killer cause they never would have found my body.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Done – RazeR where exactly in Warrandyte are you talking to the PV etc. about making trails?

JD, spare a thought for the roadie who we helped get though that area, when out in the middle of nowhere you let out the line of “gee you wouldn’t have wanted to have watched Wolf Creek last night”. It must have scared the crap out of him.