washburn electrics?

5PIDEY

Likes Dirt
does anyone have any info on these guitars? are they good quality? just i might be getting one soon and washburn have an alright looking range. i was looking at the X22 MGY if that helps.

ashhash

Likes Dirt
Washburn makes kickarse guitars!

I won a dime32 not long ago, bolt on neck in case you snap it against an amp, good pickups, nice and solid.

The X22 has a bolt on neck too I think which is good, no tremelo though (hardtail bridge)
Never used one but for $340 or whatever they are its a good buy imo.

Ash

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Some good, some really shit. i owned on for a while, it was ok - well built.
The dime guitars are up and down - you need to buy an american one cos the cheapo asian ones are really bad...
This is just like bikes - what do you want it for?

I couldnt find an axe that suited me so i got a custom one built.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
The best Washburn I ever played was a Nuno Buttencourt (sp?) signature model. Great feeling and sounding guitar. The other model I liked was the Paul Stanely signature model, not as nice as his old Ibanez Iceman but still a pleasure to play.

I don't think the Dimebag guitars really compare that well to the original Dean guitars he used.

If you are into Jazz they make some very nice hollow body and semihollowbody electric jazz guitars.

Like was said earlier the better Washburn's are the American models although this holds true for most of the American brand guitars. The other ones can be nice but often the quality, materials and finish can be hit and miss. Up to a certain point you get what you pay for.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I agree with pretty much everything you said - i nearly forgot about the good ol' nuno axe, nice guitar if you like rock and fusion etc... dont know about the semi's though, id stick with a classic (Gibson - i know its cliche but they are "classic" for a reason)

You should look (or attempt to find) at a warmoth, i play one and it kicks ass over ANY fender that ive played....