Male 50_54:
NPD (Neil Dall)

paul_sm82

Likes Bikes
Make that 6 Aussie World Champs!

Looks like 5 Aussie solo world champs by my reckoning:

Female 40-44
Merryl King

Great work Aussies. Can't wait till next year at Stromlo and to see some reports and pics from this year.

Sorry it should be 7.

Male U23
Andrew Clark

Jason English you are an animal. That is something like 10500+ vertical metres.

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
Absolutely amazing effort! Well done to those who went and kicked ass all day and night. Impressive tally.

Maybe SS could be a cat in Enduros now we have a World Champ?

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
A huge congratulations to all the competitors... after watching Jeebus tear Paterson apart a few hours ago, then getting home to see these results I am inspired for 2013....

Well done, once again the Aussies have shown that they can compete in any forum and still come out on top!

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Matt Powell from Canberra's INDRSSC (Inner North Dads Ride Single Speed Crew).
We Salute You! For getting to Italy and then maning up and keeping the Single Speed title safe in Aussie hands.
Hats off to you!
Nice bike and a nice blog - check it out if you have the time.

Another big shout out to the other Canberra legends of 24hr solo - Neil Dall and Meryl King.

Well done to Jase and Jess and the other Cat winners.

And a special well done to Straya - Rotorburns own :)

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got home last night. Jetlagged as hell. Didnt get to slee till 8 am then slept to 3:30pm. FML.

A big congratulations to Russ Baker and the WEMBO team for pulling off a World Championships in Europe on one of the sweetest tracks ever (except for that frigging soft dirt wall) - seriously, views and descents virtually second to none!

Thanks to the Australian contingent for being a constant source of inspiration to keep plugging away.

Thanks to Macquarie University for their constant financial and non-financial support to its students who are chasing all manner of sporting dreams.

Thanks to the people of Finale Ligure for tolerating a rowdy international bunch of cyclists and building sweet trails.

Thanks to my beloved pit crew boss/mother for dropping everything and travelling to the other side of the world with me to partake in the craziest sport in the world.

Thanks to Coach Rotorburn for your collective cycling advice (and dubious life lessons {see:eek:ff topic})

And although you have never met me, thanks Craig Gordon for starring in the film Solo 24. I watched that documentary in 2009, I was significantly overweight (and had been since about 12 years old), eating crap, wasting hours a day playing computer games, and probably plodding along towards a heart attack at 40. This video was obviously shot a couple of days ago, so Craig, thanks for inspiring me to turn my life around http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLAdkTRZjM

p.s. Neil D, could you please ask Sue what the Italian website with the video I was in was?