Wet Ridding

bighitben

Likes Dirt
Your making to much of a big deal about it. Just ride, i never make any changes to my bike. Its just like regular riding except you might slide more often and get wet, but thats half the fun of it. I find that you adapt more to the conditions after a few runs anyway.

tom92

Likes Dirt
The best place to practice wet weather riding is the Holy Track at Mt Keira because that track gets super slippery.
Yeah man have to agree, cos its soo compacted when it rains it just gets soo slippery and fun

but koe just go riding in the wet and just get used to it and become more used to what your bike does in corners and stuff and then it will be lots easier

woodb

Likes Bikes
hey mate. i found when ridding in the wet and mud is to adjust my tyre preasures down a couple of psi. Also making my rebound alittle faster just so the tyres and track alittle better.. thats what i found helps anyway

cluster

Likes Dirt
*shovel noise in background...*

Just so you know, this thread is from back in May... Still relevant though I s'pose, being nearly summer and all :p
But yeah, the more you ride in the wet the better you get... hey that rhymes!

Last edited:

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Keep your lines straighter then what you would usualy ride when its dry. Within limits though. Thats all I have to add.

Cheers

condog

Likes Dirt
1) Lower tyre pressure
2) get some wide pedals with BIG pins.
3) Make use of every berm, no use trying to take a flat corner.
4) go straight over obstacles, do not try to swerve around wet rocks etc...
5) stay over the back and always be ready to dab the foot when you need to.

Hopefully this helps, Its how i roll when it comes to wet riding.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hang on and get llooooosseee

not really great advice, but in reality, usally what ends up happening :cool:

DALE09

Likes Bikes
caution

caution is the way to be cautious the first time on a new and wet track because i made that mistake once boy did i pay dearly i had sore nuts for a week

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only brake in straight lines not on corners . Stay of the brakes as much as posable .
Get some tearoffs ..