What are good handlebars?

dj222

Likes Dirt
Hi fellow farkonians I am searching for some good DH bars to put on my hardtail. I want them to be fairly wide and good for street as well. at the mmoment I am looking at either Funn fatboys or FSA Gravity Light 800mm. If you have some different bar options let me know or tell me which one you think is better.

Thanks

Plow King

Little bit.
Sunline v1's mate

Light/Wide/Low and very strong... until I plowed mine into a road... By far the strongest/Best bars I ever owned.. They're a good 50 grams lighter than funn fatboys and a good 4kg lighter than the gravity lights.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
SIC race bars are fuckin' on the money. Perfect sweep and rise. Light as well. Around $119.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
800's would be no good at all for street.

I used Pro Tapers on my hardtail when I used to DH. Felt pretty sweet.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What sort of bike have you got? I found the Deity 2014's seem to go really well on the STP, even though they're not low rise they just felt right on the bike.

Otherwise check out the Syncros range for 2009 (www.syncros.com or DirtWorks) if you want something different to Sunline, Deity etc

Syncros FR31
2014 material
20mm rise
790 wide

So apart from Deity or Syncros I'd probably also consider...

SIC LL or Race or whatever
Funn Fatboy
Truvativ Holzefeller

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Truvativ Holzfeller.

Their cheap, very strong and reasonably light. What more could you want?

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ruvativ Holzfeller.

Their cheap, very strong and reasonably light. What more could you want?
And from memory there is a set in the for sale section of Farkin at the moment for a decent price.

I've had FSA 800's on my hardtail kona for a couple of months now and their going strong despite a few crashes and having the ends plowed into the dirt. I would agree that they'd be a bit long for street, but they're great for jumping, as long as you don't want to do barspins :)

BikeFx

Likes Dirt
Ive seen a bike with Spank Royala's, they look really good and seem to be light, does anyone know how to get them?
Cheers! :)

ecd08

Likes Dirt
i don't know about the width or anything, but i have heard good things about the Funn Full-ons
yeah i run these on my ecd and my previous bike and are really nice fell to them and look thin but are super tough and last really long but yeah id go these cos they are pretty cheap ( i think round about $120 mark) but yeah good luck with the choice cos they are all:D great bars

prosheep

Likes Dirt
hey man i just got a pair of deity dirty 30's they are sick as, my mate has a set of sunline v1's and i would have to say that the deitys are a better bar for sure.