What are Sexy Female XC Helmets?

scratchy

Farkin Activist
My missus has had the same helmet for eons. She really wants a new one, but the local shops are quite limited (yes sir, we stock both- Bell AND Giro).

Considering that the last one has lasted her 10 years the next one can be a $300 jobbie if that's what she wants, but has anyone seen a good helmet in good female colours?

Bethany

Likes Bikes
hey

i have a carbon fibre specialized one. Its silver and white with a tiny bit of pink. anyways i think its hot!

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to sure about how feminine it is, but i've always liked the giro e2.

EDIT: Just realised this was posted in the girls only section... damn "new posts" button, forever making me look the fool!

Last edited:

Ty

Eats Squid
My missus was checking out a Specilized Chamonix XC/Road lid yesturday, it look pretty cool, very girly with pink flowers and stuff.

might be worth a look.

also if your after a fullface for light DH/freeride use the odyessy (or any BMX company) race helmets are much lighter and have smaller fits than the mtb ones.

Ty

C-C

Squid
I have a giro e2 (love it) very girly pinky/purple colour (matches nicely with my powder blue shoes and saddle, eek for someone who hates girly things I have accumulated quite a few!!)!!

Lizardskin

Likes Dirt
:eek:
"good female colours"??? What is that?
All those 'girly' colours make me spew. Do they really think we want to wear baby blue everything with pale pink everything? bleergh!

In saying that I do actually have a baby blue xc helmet (it was the only one in my size). Its a specialized (Decibel) and it fits my pin head really well. :)

Leese

Squid
.......has anyone seen a good helmet in good female colours?
Don't know if this is helpful but when I went to buy a new helmet a few years ago Giro had a nice pink sparkly one. I used to check out this helmet every weekend for months then decided not to get it as my bike was dark green and most of my riding gear either yellow or red. I ended up with a Limar helmet that has gold bits on it.

My point is that you have to take the whole situation into consideration. Also does your wife like pink?

Anyway good luck with finding a helmet.

Leese

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
Not to sure about how feminine it is, but i've always liked the giro e2.

EDIT: Just realised this was posted in the girls only section... damn "new posts" button, forever making me look the fool!
Sure sure Gravity Guru.... you just like to hang out with the chicks, admit it :p

As far as sexy XC helmets go..... There is no such thing.

Why would you want one that looks sexy anyway?

As long as it stops your brain from falling out!

Just get one that's comfortable & doesn't make your butt look too big......................... :D

Bodin

GMBC
My girlfriend uses a silver Met Stradivarius that cost a whole heap ($250ish) when new, but that was about 4 years ago and it's still in really good nick. (Maybe she should ride more :rolleyes:)

As far as the colour goes, she argues that silver goes with anything.

Ace1

Likes Bikes
The Stradivarius of bike helmets...ha ha...a musical name.

She's right though...silver, like black, will go with anything.

As far as riding gear goes, I find it mostly comes in reds, blacks and blues...
less colours than my soccer goalie shirts...:)

Nugs

Likes Bikes
Sure sure Gravity Guru.... you just like to hang out with the chicks, admit it :p

As far as sexy XC helmets go..... There is no such thing.

Why would you want one that looks sexy anyway?

As long as it stops your brain from falling out!

Just get one that's comfortable & doesn't make your butt look too big......................... :D
True but since we all have to wear one anyway, might as well be stylish!

Ace1

Likes Bikes
Ok...I'm worried about the connection between bike helmets and making your butt look too big here...they go on your head? *laugh*

:D