What are you listening to NOW?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Never much of a club head either, my regular rotation usually runs around Dead Letter Circus, Cog, Karnivool, The Butterfly Effect and a variety of acoustic covers but I just felt like mixing it up some.
...Clubbies being the surf club type, which thanks to Grant Kenny and speedos will always be linked to iron man competition in my mind. Clubbers...well they're a bit odd too.

Mixing up the play list is a good thing.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I do like Willy the Pimp, great track. The Gumbo Variation is another ripper track off this album and, of course, Peaches En Regalia.
I love the rawness on the vocals, reminds me of Tom Waits, and the big guitar bust out. Feels like he is just going for a big fun time expire.being notorious for his meticulous planning.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
...Clubbies being the surf club type, which thanks to Grant Kenny and speedos will always be linked to iron man competition in my mind. Clubbers...well they're a bit odd too.
Ahh, with you now. I thought it strange because I spent a lot of my misspent youth in the nightclubs of Newcastle and have no recollection of any Chemical Brothers being played... ever.

Which then begs the question, why are we even discussing Nutri-Grain?

stirk

Burner
Headed to Parramatta yesterday to catch up with a mate. Would've been silly not to pop into Beatdisc Records.....popped out with this haul.

View attachment 344307
What I love about this haul is the diversity in music!

My ears 'hear' the common rhythms in completely different music genres and also hear the some sounds across many genre. When I go into 'dj' mode at home the music will bounce from one genre to the next, never focusing too much on one style, just go with the mood.

stirk

Burner
Ahh, with you now. I thought it strange because I spent a lot of my misspent youth in the nightclubs of Newcastle and have no recollection of any Chemical Brothers being played... ever.

ahhhh, those 'nightclubs' you talk of were really just pubs with a dance floor and the music played was what I'd call mainstream digestible easy listening.

And then sadly the Chemical Brothers became mainstream.....

Still cranked some good tunes!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
ahhhh, those 'nightclubs' you talk of were really just pubs with a dance floor and the music played was what I'd call mainstream digestible easy listening.

And then sadly the Chemical Brothers became mainstream.....

Still cranked some good tunes!
Sadly Newcastle has never been renowned for it's quality nightclubs and technically at the time I wasn't legally supposed to be even in them so had no hope of ever making it to any real venues.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I distinctly remember "it began in afrika", which was probably the vinyl pre-release named "electronic battle weapon 5" destroying a dancefloor full of no hoper uni students like myself and alot of those "this is not art" beatnik types at a warehouse in Wickham in the early 2000s. It wasnt just fannys, the brewery, surf city and the mercury back then.

mtb1611

Seymour
What I love about this haul is the diversity in music!

My ears 'hear' the common rhythms in completely different music genres and also hear the some sounds across many genre. When I go into 'dj' mode at home the music will bounce from one genre to the next, never focusing too much on one style, just go with the mood.
Agreed 100%.....variety is the spice of life, just as it is in music! Never been able to understand how anyone can adhere religiously to just one genre, regardless of what it is; when someone does that, they deny themselves of so much other good stuff!

mtb1611

Seymour
Some freaking corkers in there! I was quite the fan of chaos ad back in the olden times and I see some of the finest NIN works.
Actually saw Sepultura when they toured Chaos AD in '94 at the Hordern; possibly the most ear-splitting, aggressive, tight display I've ever seen. Also saw NIN at Alternative Nation (Eastern Creek Raceway) in '95; whilst it wasn't exactly the famed Glastonbury mudfest it did indeed piss down profusely!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

I'm pretty sure there was a nutrigrain advert in the 90s that used a chemical brothers song. I've buried a bit of time now trying to find it and watched a few shit house nutrigrain adverts on you tube! It may have actually been the crystal method...I can't remember for sure.

Newcastle's club scene died when the star was set on fire.

I distinctly remember "it began in afrika", which was probably the vinyl pre-release named "electronic battle weapon 5" destroying a dancefloor full of no hoper uni students like myself and alot of those "this is not art" beatnik types at a warehouse in Wickham in the early 2000s. It wasnt just fannys, the brewery, surf city and the mercury back then.
Home to Bloody Fist Records and nosebleed techno. Leave your ear in state.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'm pretty sure there was a nutrigrain advert in the 90s that used a chemical brothers song. I've buried a bit of time now trying to find it and watched a few shit house nutrigrain adverts on you tube! It may have actually been the crystal method...I can't remember for sure.
Can't say that I recall it, but I don't think that even The Chemical Brothers could entice me to eat Nutri-Grain. The only ads that I remember are old school Solo man and that Killer Wasps Toyota ad from a few years back, never did really watch a lot of television.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
8 hours on the Hume yesterday in a car with no iphone connection ability, had to resort to JJJ. Fuck me there is a lot of crap on the radio these days. Guess I'm officially old, ranting at the crap the kids listen to these days....
This kid listens to ABC Classical. Can I complain about old farts resorting to TripleJ and complaining about it?