What are you listening to NOW?

stirk

Burner
Ooh I'd like to learn that, looks damn hard timing the two parts with the picking hand.

I'm working on this at present. Can't do it all yet.

Nice! I stopped playing guitar decades ago but miss it and will be buying some new strings soon! My 8 year old son's been learning piano and has a good grasp on music, time for him to grow some callouses?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Call me a dag if you will, but I'm currently pumping Fleetwood Mac's 1975 "rebirth" album, the first with Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. This is the one that morphed them from a struggling Britishwhite blues band to what they are better known for, and there's a really punchy, funky mix of UK blues and California rock sound that got a bit (or a lot) lost on later stuff.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Call me a dag if you will, but I'm currently pumping Fleetwood Mac's 1975 "rebirth" album, the first with Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham. This is the one that morphed them from a struggling Britishwhite blues band to what they are better known for, and there's a really punchy, funky mix of UK blues and California rock sound that got a bit (or a lot) lost on later stuff.
There's gold in the Fleetwood catalogue for sure.
Many years back I was getting a few drum lessons from a local pro. I was always bringing him pretty hard rock oriented stuff & we'd work through it.
One night he told me to start listening to Mick Fleetwood. I was like, "Say what...? That's lame...."
But I was wrong. I remember finding it difficult to play some of their tracks accurately.
He's a very clever / technical drummer....and the whole band were super skilled. You can hear their influence on plenty of modern artists too.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
There's gold in the Fleetwood catalogue for sure.
Many years back I was getting a few drum lessons from a local pro. I was always bringing him pretty hard rock oriented stuff & we'd work through it.
One night he told me to start listening to Mick Fleetwood. I was like, "Say what...? That's lame...."
But I was wrong. I remember finding it difficult to play some of their tracks accurately.
He's a very clever / technical drummer....and the whole band were super skilled. You can hear their influence on plenty of modern artists too.
"Monday Morning" from the aforementioned album is a top example - there's a lot more going on in the drum part than anywhere else!

Something else I find almost spooky is the similarity between the riffs of Fleetwood Mac's "World Turning", from the above album and Led Zeppelin's "Trampled Underfoot" from Physical Graffiti. Both tracks were recorded around the same time, 'early 1975, so there's not really any grounds to consider plagiarism unless both Lindsey Buckinham & John Paul Jones (who punched the bulk of "Trampled..." out on his keyboards) were both listening to some unknown blues guy at the same time.... The overall tone of each song is very different, and although the riffs are also different in detail, there's an odd similarity.