What are you listening to NOW?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
...Metallica is bad music. In fact I would go so far as to call it muzak.
The fuck? Not to sound like the quintessential bogan or band wagon jump on-erer but Metallica are awesome. They carried some seriously heavy burdens of pioneering that particular sound all those years and although their more recent albums have been a little mellow, they have kicked arse for a long time, great music!

This was played on the show Sharp Objects a few weeks back and reminded me of how much cool stuff LCVD Soundsystem have doine, the first few minutes of this track are awesome. There's some text going around suggesting that the lyrics used on this album are some sort of tribute to David Bowie and could appeal to anyone who is a Bowie fan. Cool huh!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The fuck? Not to sound like the quintessential bogan or band wagon jump on-erer but Metallica are awesome.
No they aren't. They did have a short spurt of good times, I even enjoyed some of it! But in my opinion (and yes...the passage of time hasn't helped here) the vast majority of their music sucks. I'd happily listen to rode the lightening, master of puppets, + and justice for all again and I would enjoy most of the music on those albums. I would even enjoy a few songs from the black self titled snake hologram album and the film clip from that first song post hair cuts. That is all.

Full credit to them as pioneers of that 80s speed/thrash/prog sound and for overcoming Burton's death.

As a side note I had a poster of these guys that came out of the old Hot Metal magazine back in the day. It was from the black album - their heads and crossed arms with everything else hidden by black. One night I had a girl hanging out in my room and she pointed out that one of them (I think it was Newsted) had his arms crossed the opposite to all the others. Once it had been pointed out to me that poster was ruined. No wonder the rest of the band didn't like him.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
aint no one plays a minor pentatonic scale in E like the Black Keys
They deliver an awesome sound, but I don't understand the technicial terms you speak here. I actually thought they were a sizeable group until a day or two before I saw them touring the rubber factory. My chum was all "Nah man its 2 dudes..." mind blown!

Just being a music snob. I like the Black Keys.

Really like their cover of Captain Beefheart's "Grown So Ugly", tried to do it in a band but the singer couldn't keep time, I guess he was a part time harmonica player.