What are you listening to NOW?

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find the new Tool album to be way too self-indulgent and one that doesn't really go anywhere and ultimately leaves me underwhelmed. Outstanding musicianship as always. Being a drummer I can't help but marvel at Danny Carey's talent; it was really nice of him to let the other 3 guys play over the top of his 80 minute drum solo. Love pretty much everything else they've ever done but this wasn't worth a 13 year wait. Horses for courses I guess.
Agreed, although I do like the album. Certainly not worth the 13 year wait. I do hope they tour it though... I saw them live at the ANU bar in Canberra (also saw Nirvana there waaaaay back in the day) and live they were amazing. That was for the Aenema tour and it's still one of the best live shows I've seen.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Agreed, although I do like the album. Certainly not worth the 13 year wait. I do hope they tour it though... I saw them live at the ANU bar in Canberra (also saw Nirvana there waaaaay back in the day) and live they were amazing. That was for the Aenema tour and it's still one of the best live shows I've seen.
I saw that tour. It was awesome and it was strange, good strange.

ers

Likes Dirt
Cannot get enough of these guys.

Discovered them when they released the “Departure Songs” album in 2015 which I still listen to a lot, the back story strikes a chord. Then found the previous album “ The Quietest place on Earth” which is great and still on heavy rotation.

Really looking forward to the new stuff “Towers” and the other song “A beautiful collapse” they have released are sounding good.

I have logged in on another tab so I can keep listening. I am a music cynic, believing there is nothing interesting left anymore. I love this . Thankyou

ers

Likes Dirt
Cannot get enough of these guys.

Discovered them when they released the “Departure Songs” album in 2015 which I still listen to a lot, the back story strikes a chord. Then found the previous album “ The Quietest place on Earth” which is great and still on heavy rotation.

Really looking forward to the new stuff “Towers” and the other song “A beautiful collapse” they have released are sounding good.

I have logged in on another tab so I can keep listening. I am a music cynic, believing there is nothing interesting left anymore. I love this . Thankyou

cammas

Seamstress
Always glad to share good music especially this band, if you like them check out “Russian Circles” or “Sleep Makes Waves” and there is a few others that will make you believe that there still interesting music being made.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon there’s quite a few people doing good stuff in that post rock space. Seems to me there have been heaps of bands lately who are up for some big 90s guitar sounds, which suits my age bracket. There are a few stations around, but have a listen to http://www.6fortyradio.com/

Another great Syd post rock thang...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I love that Cloakroom track, haven't listened to that album for a bit, might chuck it on now.

Big fan of True Widow too, of course ;)

mtb1611

Seymour
Agreed, live they're amazing, saw them in Sydney on the Lateralus tour in 2002. I'd be keen to see them if they tour again despite my misgivings around the new disc. We must be of similar vintage; I saw Nirvana on the Nevermind Tour early '92, at the first BDO and at Selinas (Coogee Bay Hotel).

Jpez

Down on the left!
Agreed, live they're amazing, saw them in Sydney on the Lateralus tour in 2002. I'd be keen to see them if they tour again despite my misgivings around the new disc. We must be of similar vintage; I saw Nirvana on the Nevermind Tour early '92, at the first BDO and at Selinas (Coogee Bay Hotel).
Oh the memories. Nirvana at the palace in Melbourne in ‘92. Mates band supporting so lucky enough to get on the door both nights.
I remember sweat dripping off the ceiling.

mtb1611

Seymour
Not now, but went to 'Damo the Musical' on Sunday night, a celebration of the life of Damien Lovelock. Lots of highlights on the night, however Jello Biafra from the original Dead Kennedys blasting out a few tracks with the Rifles was pretty damn cool.