What are you listening to NOW?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Took me 5 mins to sign up and download app on my phone yesterday. Less time than the opening track even...... the future is now haakers!

So, almost a week after Tool's new album was released I can safely say it is astounding and almost perfect. I absolutely love it and can't get enough of it, twice and sometimes three times a day in full is the norm the last week.
Really ????

Coz I can't even buy it.

Yes I'm older than old school, I want the cd coz that's the only way I can play it at home on my stereo.

I used to plug my iPod in that way, seemed to work pretty well. Using the jacks on the back for a tape deck resulted in no discernible loss of quality. But, tried it with a phone yonks ago and the quality was crap. I read somewhere that the codec on the older phone was "dumbed" down so the phone was more efficient for angry birds or some such crap. But that was when iPods were still produced and were the preferred portable music device.

Maybe the new phones are better, I'll try it out again.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I wouldn’t normally listen to stuff like this but gave it a crack and really liked it. Spent a few hours last night listening to his catalogue and related stuff on Spotify.
Dig the Tricky track too.
Maybe my musical tastes are maturing hmmm...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I used to plug my iPod in that way, seemed to work pretty well. Using the jacks on the back for a tape deck resulted in no discernible loss of quality. But, tried it with a phone yonks ago and the quality was crap. I read somewhere that the codec on the older phone was "dumbed" down so the phone was more efficient for angry birds or some such crap. But that was when iPods were still produced and were the preferred portable music device.

Maybe the new phones are better, I'll try it out again.
Maybe get a dedicated music player? They’re pretty cheap for decent these days - I have a Fiio brand one that’s a dedicated high resolution file player and it’s great.

Wouldn’t count on new phones being better, most don’t even have a headphone jack anymore. What you need is a DAC that pulls a digital signal in through the lightning port (or whatever android stuff uses) that then feeds a decent signal to your amp.

Or if you’re really stuck I can post you a copy of the album burnt onto a CD ;)

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Maybe get a dedicated music player? They’re pretty cheap for decent these days - I have a Fiio brand one that’s a dedicated high resolution file player and it’s great.
You want to stream music, decent quality sources are getting cheaper & easier to use:

As mentioned in the hifi thread, I bought a dedicated music player:

You can get a non-HDD version a lot cheaper second hand.

Highly recommended. Once you set up a home streaming platform which delivers hifi quality output you’ll never look back.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
You want to stream music, decent quality sources are getting cheaper & easier to use:

As mentioned in the hifi thread, I bought a dedicated music player:

You can get a non-HDD version a lot cheaper second hand.

Highly recommended. Once you set up a home streaming platform which delivers hifi quality output you’ll never look back.
There are even "decent" bluetooth receivers if you're ok with the throttled bit rate.

Or buy an old used MacMini or a microPC for 100 bucks and an external hard drive and a DAC (I still use my $60 Muse TDA chip one from eBay...) run a media centre on the cheap.