What are you listening to NOW?

gillyske

Likes Dirt
About 10 years ago I got into a hip hop for a little bit, not much has stuck with me haha, but I still love Aesop Rock and Sage Francis, El-Ps solo stuff, and then "art-rap" stuff like Open Mike Eagle, Milo, Busdriver.

Aesop rapping about his cat:

Could also add Kendrick Lamar and Logic to that list.

But yeah its definitely slim pickings and even then it seems to fall on deaf ears.
It was hilarious when 'fans' of Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down (both not punk I know) couldn't understand why they were anti-trump.

Actually has punk ever addressed classism with a big name artist? Like on the sacle of Kendrick Lamar?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Could also add Kendrick Lamar and Logic to that list.

But yeah its definitely slim pickings and even then it seems to fall on deaf ears.
It was hilarious when 'fans' of Rage Against the Machine and System of a Down (both not punk I know) couldn't understand why they were anti-trump.

Actually has punk ever addressed classism with a big name artist? Like on the sacle of Kendrick Lamar?
Have any punk bands been as big as kendrick?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Blink 182, The Offspring and Green Day?
they are to punk what this is to hiphop

Not really, but still kinda.

Anti-flag and propaghandi bot love the political songs. Guess I don’t look at really big bands as being punk, they get big and lose that “FU”. They become dad punk. Ahaha

gillyske

Likes Dirt
they are to punk what this is to hiphop

Not really, but still kinda.

Anti-flag and propaghandi bot love the political songs. Guess I don’t look at really big bands as being punk, they get big and lose that “FU”. They become dad punk. Ahaha
Propaghandhi should do a collab with RTJ it would be like Zizek the musical.