What are you listening to NOW?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Anyone here ever used Ableton Live to create their own material?

@Scotty T I might see if I can invite myself over to your joint one Friday night to get some tips off your mate (and maybe grab some cheeky samples of bass and turntablism whilst I'm there!)

LPG

likes thicc birds
We've been listening to almost exclusively late 60s early 70s rock in the house at the request of the 2.5 year old. Zeppelin, Cream, Sabbath, Hendrix and Hawkind are the favourites. He will tell you who is playing as soon as the music starts. Zepplin was the start of it all when we were on a roadtrip a year ago and we're trying different things to get a break from the Wiggles.

A year later and most nights we play music for 30 minutes before we go to bed and he does his best to play along on the drums in the kids set he has been destroying since Christmas or the flower pot and tomato stake he pulled out of the garden and broke in half.

1000006065.jpg
1000006064.jpg

When he's not doing that he is strumming along on a ukulele while offasionally singing along into a floor pump he refers to as the black microphone. The best thing is watching him play along with the drums and stop to listen when he realises he has drifted off time.

He has a Black Sabbath shirt we got him for Christmas that he is obsessed with. He keeps track of it and will make sure we tell the truth if we tell him he can't wear it. He will run to the washing machine and make sure he can see the distinct purple colour going through the wash. Once the wash finishes he empties the washing machine until he finds it and tells us to dry it. In the morning he runs out to the line before we take his pajamas off to make sure we remember to put it on him as nothing else will do.

Went to bed early with him the other night and we listened to this. How many 2.5 year olds demand to listen to a 15 minutes of space rock freakout.

Sorry to load this post up with too much proud Dad but I'm enjoying it a bit too much. I better savour it before he rebels and starts listening to modern pop music whatever that is.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
One of my youngest's first sentences was "play it again Foo Fighters". Now he's a teenager and blasts country music (previously non-country household and none of his friends listen to it either)... defintely enjoy it while it lasts.

• Haha
Reactions: LPG

LPG

likes thicc birds
That really made my day.
It makes mine too, just about every day!

One of my youngest's first sentences was "play it again Foo Fighters". Now he's a teenager and blasts country music (previously non-country household and none of his friends listen to it either)... defintely enjoy it while it lasts.
That has to hurt. Does he listen to both types of music or is he not into Western?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nothing against the old stuff, but get your lazy ears tuned up to some local newbies and get your lazy arse out into the pubs and venues.
Found this pearler today looking up the band's supporting Turtleskull at Shotkickers Saturday.
Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Why do you need new bands? Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.
Cause all those musos are dead or boring AF as they're old, croaky and arthritic now, and playing massive venues which I hate. Paul McCartney, Rod Stewart, pffft

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Alice Cooper, Blondie and Deep Purple on the same bill in a couple of months must be getting your luxurious coat standing on end eh?
Well I wasn't sure what the luxurious coat bit meant, so I googled it and got nowhere. Then I went to urban dictionary and am still at a loss. But also a gain! I have learnt the phrase "God's graffiti". As a hairy man, it turns out that I am sporting quite a bit of it.

I actually saw deep purple (or what remained of them at the time) maybe 20 or so years ago with my dad. It was an underwhelming performance.

But that song is a classic! Surely it sends shivers up and down your spine every time you hear that silver hammer ring out???

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just riffing on the poodle thing, don’t mean nothing.
I so wish I could go to all the little gigs these days as mentioned, stuff just gets in the way