What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Not really today as this started on Saturday. We raced a section of track I'd not raced before, basically a foot high mound into a meter deep drop through a creek bed. Tricky to get right, even harder at full race speed, and on the first lap I landed HARD on the nose, nearly sending me over the front.
I remember that feature. It's one that is well worth working on to get right given the flat landing but it's inevitably faster to ride around...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I remember that feature. It's one that is well worth working on to get right given the flat landing but it's inevitably faster to ride around...
The way Damo laid out the track there was no ride around. It was the first 'feature' after the starting sprint, and only really a problem for us A Graders at speed.

Luckily the temporary fix seems to have worked and the damper is waaaay overdue for a service anyway

BT180

Max Pfaff
Are you supposed to launch off it or roll off it? Looks like this bloke did neither?
It's a drop and always has been, but recently someone's tried to make it a roller, which is sh!t because there's a perfectly good b-line next to it. Either this guy got confused, or just needs to work on his drop technique.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Are you supposed to launch off it or roll off it? Looks like this bloke did neither?
As BT said, launching is much easier, there is an awkward roll down beforehand so you need to put in a few good pedal strokes but once you're up to speed it's relatively easy...this guy just butchered it completely, I hope he came out of that ok because it looked like a brutal off.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Absolutely smashed myself on the first Garrigal Gorillas Fiver ride of the season.

Hiked a bike up Vovos push up track but at least had James Hall to chat to (he was sweep). Followed by blind run down Vovos, which turned into a 20 min full body clench in the attack position as I had no idea what was coming.

Hated myself for being fat and slow but loved the punishment anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Absolutely smashed myself on the first Garrigal Gorillas Fiver ride of the season.

Hiked a bike up Vovos push up track but at least had James Hall to chat to (he was sweep). Followed by blind run down Vovos, which turned into a 20 min full body clench in the attack position as I had no idea what was coming.
Vovos and I have a love/hate relationship, I usually ride up on my first run then decide I don't hate myself that much after all and just use the push up track, I've always thought it would be a hoot in reverse.

At least you didn't end up like ol' mate up there ^ nose diving off Rampage.

BT180

Max Pfaff

Hated myself for being fat and slow but loved the punishment anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I was there also. Vovos in reverse was so much fun but I was absolutely knackered at the end! Such a massive turnout too, which is good to see.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode Youies for the first after work pedal of the season. Was nice. Lots of wildlife, most of it out to kill you, including the brown snake I almost rode over and the echidna just chilling on the little wooden berm right at the end of Boulder
I've been riding Youies for years, and I'm yet to see a snake there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong/right.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've been riding Youies for years, and I'm yet to see a snake there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong/right.
I almost took one out recently, about 2 weeks ago, about 1 minute into my ride. Just around the corner from the Drysdale Road car park on the way to the dams.