What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've been riding Youies for years, and I'm yet to see a snake there. Not sure what I'm doing wrong/right.
I saw one up the top of Rockwell one day. I'd been pushing on the ride up and was totally buggered, pretty much slumped over the bars on the last straight up to the road- thought to myself "that's an odd spot to leave a big stick...", and fortunately the penny dropped and brakes went on. Biggest snake I've ever seen in the wild. It was a brown snake, but unusually pale - was almost grey like the colour of fallen dead wattle timber. Fortunately it didn't want to hang around and slithered off into the bush.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I saw one up the top of Rockwell one day. I'd been pushing on the ride up and was totally buggered, pretty much slumped over the bars on the last straight up to the road- thought to myself "that's an odd spot to leave a big stick...", and fortunately the penny dropped and brakes went on. Biggest snake I've ever seen in the wild. It was a brown snake, but unusually pale - was almost grey like the colour of fallen dead wattle timber. Fortunately it didn't want to hang around and slithered off into the bush.
That's Bruce, he be a big snake.

I think this is Son of Bruce. Fire road from Drysdale car park up to Boulder.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Seen a few brown snakes at youies, some dont even flinch, another one in the middle of track reared up at me when i skidded to a stop about 1m from it...too close for comfort.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Celebrated the almost complete reorganisation of the dedicated bike store and workshop by building a Shed Shuttle bike...

Now it's fair to say that not only does this bike have history but it has Rotorburn history.

'Wombat' pulled the frame and wheels out of a shed near Windsor NSW and offered it up to any 'burner prepared to do something with it. I put my hand up...this must of been around 2011/12?

I had a fork made for it by a bloke in Melbourne and then life just got in the way. It got stored then we relocated and it got stored some more and the M'lady suggested we/I needed a shuttle/trailer bike to go from house to shed to other shed...

Of course, M'lady!

Cue the rise of the Drum Brake Beastie. It's a 26" mountain bike frame from the early 1980s with down tube shifters, two sets of bottle cage nuts on the downturn and 26" single wall alloy rims on Atom drum brakes that one would normally find on a French moped.

I suspect it's an Oz build by someone familiar with road bikes who then used BMX tubing for the main triangle (it's not light). Some coin was spent on it originally as it was fully chromed and then all frame junctions highlighted in carefully masked red. All the visible brazing is top notch.

There's still quite a bit to do to it to get it sorted. I'll go SS to start with just to keep it simple but may go up from there if it really suits.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put in some practice for my first gravity enduro race at Red Hill tomorrow.
Got of to a shaky start with an OTB on my first stage run 'Charlottes pass' followed by a dropped chain on the 2nd stage I ran (idiot forgot to check the clutch was on!).
Was feeling good by the third stage, but came across a young feller getting a stretcher out :(

Looking forward to tomorrow, but nervous as all hell ha ha.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m off the a house warming and birthday party for my partners friends. Don’t know them. Both riders. Ones a bicycle vic board member.

Bought them lube and a chain cleaner.

I shall enjoy announcing I bought strangers lube to all.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I’m off the a house warming and birthday party for my partners friends. Don’t know them. Both riders. Ones a bicycle vic board member.

Bought them lube and a chain cleaner.

I shall enjoy announcing I bought strangers lube to all.
better than a massive bottle of liquid latex...."bring out the Gimp!"

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got through my first Enduro mostly unscathed, another small off on the first stage ha ha. Maybe cost me about 30sec, and a couple of other silly stuff ups but mostly happy with my day. Managed 26th in Vets.
Think its time to buy an Enduro bike ha ha.

This is a short video of my day.

And some of the full stages during practice yesterday.

moorey

call me Mia
Gave my wife's friend a bottle of chain lube. She'd left it on the table at work and the label says "Rock n roll lubrication, the king of lubes, extreme" and the other girls at work had to read the fine print to realise it wasn't that lube :)
Wait....isn’t it?

Explains the rash, at least.