What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

T-Rex

Template denier
It was well worth it. First half very easy family friendly which lulled is into a false sense of security and we got slack with pace and time management. Last quarter was brutal in comparison...

I also didn’t properly join the dots that the end of the trail is still 6-8kms from Jindabyne! So we missed the new trails on the lake.

Going to be doing this after Christmas. @Haakon what time does the shuttle depart Jindy to go back up to Thredbo?

T-Rex

Template denier
It doesn’t... Part of the duck up/confusion, it only goes from crackenback!!
Oops! Would have been a long ride back from Jindy to Crackenback! Lucky for you guys hitchhiking isn't too difficult in that part of the world.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Was yesterday, but took the Useless Girlfriends, Devil Spawn for a ride around the bike park on "Steve" the STP. The UG didn't ride as I think she was honestly too scared to try and keep up with him as they have a rivarly going already.

The bike is probably too big for him and his feet were in the wrong position and kept slipping off, he two finger braked the rear only and took his feet off the pedals and rode the bigger bumps out on the seat too many times to count.

In general his riding was god awful and he loved every minute of it, as did I. The kid gave everything a crack including the double black diamond and the last couple of hundred metres of the Nationals DH course.

Was such a good reminder of what riding is all about, just getting out and giving it a go. not worrying about wheel size's, componentry or even kit. just going up and down hills in the rain.

After all we ride bikes to be kids again, but often don't ride our bikes like a kid and we really should. Check out the smile on it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Oops! Would have been a long ride back from Jindy to Crackenback! Lucky for you guys hitchhiking isn't too difficult in that part of the world.
Yeah, the idea of slogging 20kms back up the hill on bitumen with 2.4 trail tyres when we already shattered was a non starter!!!

We’d ridden to the servo at the Thredbo turnoff to meet the bus on advice of the first person I called at thredbo, so I asked someone getting petrol if they were heading that way. She was only going halfway to thredbo but still drove me all the way - super nice!!
I’ve since been told some bike shop in Jindabyne will shuttle by booking but not looked into it...

The ride itself was longer and harder than we expected, more time and bribing some lunch would also have been a good idea. Make more of a day of it.

T-Rex

Template denier
Yeah, the idea of slogging 20kms back up the hill on bitumen with 2.4 trail tyres when we already shattered was a non starter!!!

We’d ridden to the servo at the Thredbo turnoff to meet the bus on advice of the first person I called at thredbo, so I asked someone getting petrol if they were heading that way. She was only going halfway to thredbo but still drove me all the way - super nice!!
I’ve since been told some bike shop in Jindabyne will shuttle by booking but not looked into it...

The ride itself was longer and harder than we expected, more time and bribing some lunch would also have been a good idea. Make more of a day of it.
Just spoke to Sacred Ride, they do shuttles for up to 7, $150, so you would need a decent group to justify it.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
In general his riding was god awful and he loved every minute of it, as did I. The kid gave everything a crack including the double black diamond and the last couple of hundred metres of the Nationals DH course.
how isn’t he in hospital , or worse dead, i know i would be

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
4hrsrs on the flats this morning, side of mt macedon, down into macedon, food in gisborne, gissy trails then up thru the back of wombat to home...gpd watch stuffed up & i lost data in the middle try & stitch it together
Long ride on flats

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
How long would you allow from Thredbo to the Trout Hatchery? I didn’t think there was much single track beyond that point?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
How long would you allow from Thredbo to the Trout Hatchery? I didn’t think there was much single track beyond that point?
We did it in about 3.5 hours, but we were not very fast. Next time I’ll give myself 4.5 hours and have more time to session some features and stop for lunch.

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Rode it a 15 km and crossed the magic 500km since new mark!

Compared to the riding the majority of you do, and the equipment it’s all pretty lame. But 6 months ago I could barely do a single km around my street without having issues, now 15km non-stop isn’t impossible, it’s normal. So glad I’m giving it a go.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Compared to the riding the majority of you do, and the equipment it’s all pretty lame. But 6 months ago I could barely do a single km around my street without having issues, now 15km non-stop isn’t impossible, it’s normal. So glad I’m giving it a go.
Glad you got out. That is what it is all about. Do what you enjoy and what makes you happy. It is a personal thing so ride how and where you like.
Run what you brung. One day you will miss that bike that got you started :)

You will get hurty for a while but your body will get used to it. Eventually, you will wake up looking for ways to sneak off from what you have to do and go ride. Then it gets a bit weird but in a good way.

"Yes babe, I like to disappear for a while and ride bikes in places where not many people go" - she sort of gets and tolerates it now.

T-Rex

Template denier

Good work, keep extending yourself.