What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Full Day at St Helens Sunday, managed 6 shuttle runs in 18 degree sunshine with perfect trail conditions. Park was pretty busy and had to wait for a few shuttles due to numbers. Was great to see lots of families enjoying their riding, even giving the Black Diamond trails a go. Best thing about world trail built trails, they always have alternate lines allowing riders to tackle anything and build up their skills in a relatively safe manner, although a guy in front of me missed a berm and boosted probably 10 metres into the scrub but walked away unscathed.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I had a crash at the youies on the jumps after turbulence about 10 years ago. Woke up on the ground, no idea where I was or how I got the there. Super weird feeling. Helmet cracked almost in half. The ground is like concrete with sandpaper stuck to it out there. Still have scars on the tops of my wrists from all the skin lost.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You can, but you have to scrub off speed to do it.

I've had mates eat it on that jump too. To much speed to roll it and not enough to clear and it's easy to plow into the back of the lander.
The take off has washed away so much you really have to work hard to clear the lander. I really wish they’d fix it up.
Same with the big double in the middle. Mate almost broke his ankle there a couple of months ago coming up just a little short.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
New bike day! Mulleted spitty

1x12 xt. Nextie rims on hydra rear / pro 4 front. Mezzer. Cura 4. Dhx2.

Borrowed a front wheel from it's big brother while waiting for tyres - front hub will be black. Wish somewhere had silver hubs in stock when I ordered parts, they would have looked killer.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
A little bit of jizz just came out.....

Well ok, a lot!

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Shit man - scary. Any headaches etc now? Might warrant a trip to get head checked out?
At least you know you're not alone. Many of us have had major crashes there (some of us more than once :mad:). My mate broke 3 ribs at that spot late last year.
I agree with others that it is probably worth a quick trip to the GP, concussions ain't a laughing matter and better to be safe than sorry
Oops! I forgot to mention, an ambulance was called, and I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning in hospital. I did get thoroughly checked out. No brain damage, no spinal damage (yay MIPS!), no broken bones. They made sure I wasn't still concussed and was able to form new memories before they let me go home. I'm still a little foggy, but that could be the endone as much as anything.

I was able to move around without a crutch for about half an hour earlier, just long enough to do the dishes and get the washing in that was supposed to come in Saturday afternoon. Now I need a nice long sit down. And possibly a nap.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Sounds scary as. Any witness marks on the ground that told you what you bounced off?
Apparently there was quite the skid mark leading into the double, so it looks like I was feeling brave and fast and decided to hit it, then bottled it at the last second. Maybe seeing it again will trigger a memory, although I kinda hope it doesn't.

Concussion obviously isn't good, but sounds like it could've been worse too.
Oh hell yeah. The stiffness still in my neck tells me I was alarmingly close to something more permanent.

Jpez

Down on the left!
They do what they're allowed to do, which right now is pretty much fuck all.
I know. Such a shame.
I’ve got a special relationship with that jump too.
Never crashed on it but have managed to break my toe, and slip a pedal and slice my shin to the bone on that jump.
Still gives me the willies going over it.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I was trying to pick it from the picture, is it the first or second jump of the three?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I know. Such a shame.
I’ve got a special relationship with that jump too.
Never crashed on it but have managed to break my toe, and slip a pedal and slice my shin to the bone on that jump.
Still gives me the willies going over it.
Hopefully I remember to go around next time.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

I've had mates eat it on that jump too. To much speed to roll it and not enough to clear and it's easy to plow into the back of the lander.
Seems it's a popular jump to crash on. One of the ambos who looked after me had even crashed on it, I'm told.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love that process of unraveling the big crash...kind of like working out why your wallet is empty and you slept in the garage in your bike helmet.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Or limping back in the house at midnight to be quizzed where you have been for the last two hours.

Napping on the grass after knocking myself out it turned out.

Concussions are no laughing matter. Took me a month to recover.

Take is easy Spike-X.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Done the same myself in the past. Seems easy enough to get it wrong..